Lead

Mar 28 17 3:00 AM

Tags : :

There is something about these photos that gets to me. They are of Jaimie Wilson, a transgender man and model. (See Instagram)

Maybe it is the part of me that find it hard to understand why someone would give up a life as that woman image

He passes well, as do so many trans men. It seems it is easier for someone born female to change into a man, than for someone born male to become a woman.

imageimage
Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Mar 28 17 9:03 AM

TerrieNova wrote:

Maybe it is the part of me that find it hard to understand why someone would give up a life as that woman.

So let me get this straight, as someone one whose on the mtf end of spectrum of the transgendered scale, you find it hard to understand someone on the ftm end?

It's something you're born with, it's not a choice.  It doesn't matter what you look like. 

Lindsay

"The thing is you see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear, dig?" the Pointed Man

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 28 17 3:15 PM

Past puberty, HRT works way better on FtMs than it does on MtF. The only limiting factor is overall size in that regard. The flip side of this is that the state of bottom surgery is way way better for MtFs than it it is for FtMs.

" Maybe it is the part of me that find it hard to understand why someone would give up a life as that woman".

Terrie. Both genders have their good and a bad points. Some radical feminists find it utterly impossible to understand why any biological man would want to become a woman and surrender their inherent male privilege. But what this all comes down to, is what we feel inside, and what best fits with that. To make that process easier, we need to sometimes step away a lot of stereotypical ideas of the relationship that exists between the sexes.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 28 17 5:18 PM

I tried posting here earlier today but my post didn't post! I'm sure it was my mistake... I have to echo what Lindsay and April have said.. There is no point in someone being what you perceived (as do I) a beautiful woman if that person doesn't feel they are a woman. We* shouldn't let our own coveting of femininity to blind us to what we have in common with TG people in the other direction

(*I say we though my own crossdreaming has not been as great of late)

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 28 17 10:52 PM

It's something you're born with, it's not a choice.  It doesn't matter what you look like. 

I believe you are right about this. My head understands this, but my heart doesn't understand his journey. I believe the pictures hit me so hard, because I would have loved to live her life. 

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 29 17 12:42 AM

It seems to me the longing Terrie is describing points to something beyond gender roles, male (and female) privilege, expressions and interest. He wanted to become that man. Terrie wants to be that woman.

There is something underneath all the culture and the politics that drives that need or desire or dream. We still haven't found a really good way of describing and explaining that need to be a man or to be a woman.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help