Lead

Mar 20 17 5:43 AM

Tags : : , , , , ,

Alright. I'm turning 17 in May and I'm Male. I feel female though so get that in mind. I really wish to become a girl. My friends are 100% alright with it and support me all the way. My parents are also alright with it but not as much. They want me to wait until I turn 19. Since they think it's a phase but I've been feeling like this for 1 and a half year so It's probably not a phase. Thats one problem
But one this is that I wish to crossdress for the time being. Some girls in my class wants me to do it. But the problem is that I don't know how or where to start. I'm 6.4 feet. And I'm to shy to go buy womens clothing for myself. I really want to cross dress. 

One thing also. I would like some beginners tips and tricks on how to crossdress and other stuff that you might think will help me through my journey of crossdressing and transforming.

Thanks.

Last Edited By: jackmolay Mar 22 17 5:02 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 22 17 12:00 AM

Welcome Doc!

I take it that 19 is the age you come of age in your country/state? In most countries you have to wait until you become legally independent before you transition legally (that is: can change the gender designation in your passport).

Many allow for a social transformation before that time, though. In the sense that you can come out and live as your target gender. This also applies to those who are not of age, if their parents/legal guardians agree. So that should be possible, even before you turn 19.

In some areas doctors may also provide you with puberty blockers, that will postpone some of the more masculining effects of testosterone, making it easier to pass after you start hormone replacement therapy. If you decide that you do not want to transition, puberty will restart when you drop the blockers. I do realize that at 6.4 feet this might be too late for you, but it is worth considering all the same. There are other sex characteristics that have not fully developed at 17, and that might make a diffference in the future.

You do not say whether you have been talking to a gender therapist or a doctor about this. If you haven't, I suggest that you do. He or she might help you ask the right questions, and you will have to get in touch with the health system anyway, if you end up transitioning.

(Note that there are some bad seeds among therapists as well. Tell us about it if he or she makes you feel uncomfortable. We can help you sort it out.)

I am not a crossdresser myself. I think that I would have been better of if I was, but that's the way it is, so I hope some of our other members may give you some advice regarding crossdressing.

There are online stores that cater to male to female crossdressers, and which also cover larger sizes. In some areas you might find crossdresser clubs where crossdressers meet and discuss clothing and make-up. In a few cities you will  also find crossdresser salons where the staff helps you transform. Their services are not free, though.

If you have female friends who would like to help you crossdress, that is an opportunity you might make use of. Maybe they can help you shop for clothes?

I am so glad your friends and your parents support you. That makes a huge difference.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 25 17 10:40 PM

Hi Doc

Welcome to the group.

It sounds as if you are in a good position regarding the support of friends. Have you approached your female friends asking them for guidance? There are no real crossdressing tips or tricks, it is just something you do. You have to copy other women, see what they weear and how they coordinate their colours etc. You need to find a look that suits you. Grow your hair and try some in between styles. Next time you buy a pair of jeans buy a womans pair, little things like that.

The main stumbling block especially at your age is money. If you are thinking of a transition in the future the one thing you will need above all things is money. We live in a society that values looks and money above everything else.  Learn to be careful with your money and save hard, buid up a nest egg for your own security. Sadly also in the world society accepts and worships good looks.  The pretty convincing transsexual is pretty much accepted as they look the part and are attractive. Society says, "should have been born a woman, how wonderful it is that she has found her true self". On the other hand if you are unconvincing and unattractive as a transsexual society says, "look at that man who thinks he's a woman, who is he kidding? Must be a sexual pervert.". The funny thing is the motivataion behind these two types is probably exactly the same as each other. It is a cruel world.

Take things slow, and take care. 

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 8 17 11:49 AM

Doctor Dorito wrote:
Alright. I'm turning 17 in May and I'm Male. I feel female though so get that in mind. I really wish to become a girl. My friends are 100% alright with it and support me all the way. My parents are also alright with it but not as much. They want me to wait until I turn 19. Since they think it's a phase but I've been feeling like this for 1 and a half year so It's probably not a phase. Thats one problem
But one this is that I wish to crossdress for the time being. Some girls in my class wants me to do it. But the problem is that I don't know how or where to start. I'm 6.4 feet. And I'm to shy to go buy womens clothing for myself. I really want to cross dress. 

One thing also. I would like some beginners tips and tricks on how to crossdress and other stuff that you might think will help me through my journey of crossdressing and transforming.

Thanks.

Can't help you with any tricks but Amazon.com or a similar online retailer is probably your best bet.  Given your size, you might have to use a specialty shop to find clothes that fit.  

The only one I know of is the one that advertises on fictionmania, I believe it is called Glamour Botique.

As for transition, I am afraid that isn't my area either, but I believe that there are doctors who can prescribe hormones that push back the onset and progression of puberty.  That might be something to consider until you are 18 and out of your parents house.

Anyway, welcome to CDL!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Apr 10 17 1:08 PM

Welcome to the forum :)

I'll echo some of the other responses here and say that if you can, please go see a gender therapist to help sort things out. You can try posting over on Reddit's r/asktransgender subreddit (or r/mtf) for advice as well. There is quite a large spectrum of trans folk actively posting on there. As far as crossdressing advice, if you have friends that want to accompany you, well that can be a huge asset. Basically, start small and just walk into a store that has clothing options that appeal to you. You'll find that people are really too absorbed in their own world to be concerned about what you are doing. It gets easier the more you do it.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help