Your mind is software. Program it.

Your body is a shell. Change it.
Death is a disease. Cure it.
Extinction is approaching. Fight it!

© "Eclipse Phase" by Posthuman Studios

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 22 17 3:29 AM

My bad: I was wondering if there was a crossdreamer angle to the series, but I know understand that this is not the case. Your point is rather that it is very educational, especially as regards body and sexuality.

Here is one that agrees with you:

https://heroineproblem.com/2016/01/25/please-tell-me-galko-chan-the-grossest-educational-anime-youll-ever-watch/ 

"This season’s biggest surprise is Please Tell Me! Galko-chan, a short series made up of seven-minute episodes. Based on the promotional art – specifically, the main character’s enormous breasts vacuum-packed into her cardigan – it looked to be an unremarkable fan service show. However, the positive word of mouth it was getting after the first episode intrigued me, and I decided to check it out despite my better judgment. I’m glad I did, because rather than perverse, male-oriented comedy, I got a charming series about three teenage girls frankly discussing their bodies without shying away from the grosser parts of the human experience."

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 22 17 9:13 AM

Oh, I didn't understood your question at first.

I looked it up after Digibro recced it in his top 20 anime list honourable mentions, so I went almost blindly into it and was thoroughly impressed by result.

It features stereotypes, but it throughly breaks and plays with them, that is surpising and pleasant for japanese show, it's about girls, but feels, that it could've been about boys, just as easily, it's respectful and dignified, while toes on thin line between comical, heartwarming, informative, earnest, uncomfortable, awkward and sexual (and isn't afraid of any of those), but timing and pacing is so great, that it falls completely into one of those.

It doesn't have transgender aspect. I just like the healthy environmemt it emanated/propagated and found it informative. I mean, there's clearly a lot of stuff, most guys don't know (well, I don't or didn't know) about girls and women, that are never explained under umbrella of 'girl things'. and 'girl talk'.

Information, that is integral to interpersonal communication and relatability and sometimes, just bizarre and funny. A lot of failed and uhappily married couple I know of stem from utter inability and reluctance to see/open up beyond projected masks and formed stereotypes, regardless of what those stereotypes are...

O the grand scale of things, this anime it's decent and nice little thing about girls, I liked, but life is composed of small moments. So.. yeah.

(Youtube channel/personality: Digibro is surprisingly non-creepy version of cute anime girl, but guy with a beard; I mean look at his eyes, it's a cartoon in human skin! If you're into anime and anime critique, that is)

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 22 17 9:18 AM

Also, I think that part of charm, that Hogwarts and school anime holds for me stems from the fact, that it's nothing like my school years.

But doormat pervy protagonists or shounen protegonists get you only so far.

I didn't watch anime over a half year now and it was good experience to add into my memories.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help