Lead

Jan 22 17 4:41 AM

Tags : :

Lal2828 drew my attention to the fifth freestanding season of American Horror Story, the one called Hotel.

The name refers to the fact that the focal point of the season is what happens in a New York hotel. Originally built by a mass murderer in the early 20th century, it is now a haven for all kinds of supernatural events, inhabited as it is by ghosts and vampires.

Blood and gore, for sure, and a lot of it, but underneath the bloody facade, the creators present real lives with real problems.

One of the main characters is Liz Taylor, who in the first couple of episodes may be read as yet another freak in the freakshow. In episode five, however, her life is presented, and it turns out that the writers present her with compassion, sympathy and respect. As does the chief vampire queen, Elizabeth, played by Lady Gaga.

This is one of the best presentations of a male to female crossdreamer I have seen in a long time. And here is the most revealing scene:

Watch the video before Fox takes it down!

UPDATE: OK, you can download it here!

Last Edited By: jackmolay Jan 23 17 4:19 AM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 22 17 10:54 AM

@Rektor Jack of CDL

Too late for the video.  

A bit of a correction: the hotel is located in downtown Los Angeles, California, USA.  It is called The Cortez.  

The MTF crossdresser's story drew my attention (I normally fall asleep watching shows) because I thought the show presented a rather realistic portrayal of the MTF experience.  When Liz Taylor told her story, she described how normal her life was before she became Liz, so....as the man from Topeka, Kansas, he married, had a son, worked as a salesman, and secretly dressed up as a woman.  Then, when his crossdressing was discovered by co-workers, the part that I liked was that he kept saying, "I'm not gay!" This part is particularly interesting.  He is NOT gay.  But later on as Liz, he fell in love with the young male model junkie (spoiler alert if you haven't gotten up to it, Jack).  Here's the twist for me, as I'm trying to understand this.  The young-male-model-drug-junkie also proclaimed that he is NOT gay throughout the episode.  

So, now......how does a viewer like lal2828 make sense of any of this when not falling sleep:

* When Liz was a man from Topeda, he married a woman and was a responsible husband and father.  Not gay: check.
* As Liz, a woman who hasn't transitioned yet, she likes a young male.  Not gay, right?: check.
* The young male model who has male parts likes Liz, but has constantly said that he is not gay.  Ah......ah....... ch....e......ck???  But both of them have male parts? Abstractly, Liz and the male model are straight as a woman and a man, but, but.......the male parts that....Liz hasn't ...... didn't want to.....transi....?
lal2828 doesn't know what to think of this........image

Here's another interesting character, Jack: Will Drake, the fashion designer who bought the hotel who did proclaim that he IS gay.

*Will Drake has male parts, walks like a man, and acts like a man.  Cis-male: check.
*Will Drake designs women's fashion, stereotypically a gay man? check.
*Will Drake had a son that he takes along with him to the hotel? Ch..ch......chhhhh......????? 
The son is biological....so......he did it with a woman once?????
Will Drake agreed to marry the Lady Gaga character, who is a biological woman.  When Drake's son asked Drake why he would marry the Lady, Drake said that he is really bisexual, and that he really could love a woman if the right one came along........aaahhhhhhh!!!!

BISEXUALITY is really the answer to all of these scenarios! And this is all coming from men's experiences. 

(I think I just wrote out my own answer, lal2828.)

Last Edited By: lal2828 Jan 23 17 5:06 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 23 17 4:37 AM

Yes, you can download it here!

And yes, Cheryl, like all the seasons in American Horror Story, this is a separate mini series. (There is, apparently, some kind of red thread between the season, but nothing to worry about.)

@lal2828

I get conflicting info on whether there is such a hotel. There is a Hotel Cortez in LA, but some articles argues that the series was based on the Cecil hotel. I don't know.

* When Liz was a man from Topeda, he married a woman and was a responsible husband and father.  Not gay: check.
* As Liz, a woman who hasn't transitioned yet, she likes a young male.  Not gay, right?: check.
* The young male model who has male parts likes Liz, but has constantly said that he is not gay.  Ah......ah....... ch....e......ck???  But both of them have male parts? Abstractly, Liz and the male model are straight as a woman and a man, but, but.......the male parts that....Liz hasn't ...... didn't want to.....transi....?
lal2828 doesn't know what to think of this........image

My guess, we are talking about different definitions of gay. You have explained the first one: Liz wasn't gay when she presented as a man (loved women), and nor is she when she finds a man lover on the hotel (loves a man). The switch from seemingly being gynephilic to androphilic is quite common in MTF crossdreamer circles. This has been discussed extensively elsewhere, but there is at least two possible explanations:

1. She has been bisexual all the time (but has supressed her androphilic side)
2. In some transgender people sexual attracted in relational, in the sense that it is dependent on what role you play in the relationship. Science does not allow for this, but what does the scientists know really.)

As for the model junkie, it is hard to say (as I have not seen those episodes, yet), but one possible explanation is the understanding of the word "gay". In most cultures outside Northern Europe and Northern America, gayness is not defined on who you sleep with, but who you have sex as. As long as you are the proactive part and never, ever, let anyone insert their penis in any orifice, you are straight.  Using Western terminology we could say he is bisexual.

As for Will Drake: A lot of gay man get children, as they might marry to please their surroundings or because they make a deal with an asexual or lesbian woman. Or he may be, as you point out, bisexual.

Some research also indicate that many people are ambigious as regards sex, even if they have a dominant sexual orientation (loves women, but enjoy sex with men).

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help