#122 [url]

Oct 11 16 11:03 AM

A few have been posted already: Kate Bush, Annie Lennox, Laura Branigan, Clan of Xymox 
Looking back in my youth there are lyrics that resonated with me and I wasn't sure why at the time - The Smiths "Pretty Girls Make Graves" comes to mind. However this one has bounced around in my brain for decades, and I may be starting to realize why(?). It's a catchy song, but not my typical taste in music, but the visuals definitely do it for me. 

Last Edited By: OnGoingUnnoticed Oct 11 16 11:14 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#124 [url]

Dec 5 16 1:55 PM

I love Amy Lee and Evanescence. I sometimes find myself singing their songs in the shower. I think it would be so fun to be a rocker chick like her.

Quote    Reply   

#126 [url]

Dec 18 16 10:42 AM

The appeal of this song for me lies at the crossroad of the mystical nature of Stevie Nicks, and the haunting lyrics of “Rhiannon”. The first time I ever saw Fleetwood Mac was on the old “Midnight Special” when I was in college. I was immediately intrigued and moved by Stevie’s stage presence, dressed in one of her signature long flowing gothic witch outfits. There was something both beautiful and very eerie about her. She brought that to all her songs, but the lyrics of “Rhiannon”, more than any other of her songs really cuts all the way to my soul. Stevie said it was about an old mystical gothic Welsh witch who had the power to capture men hearts in rapture, which is sort of what Stevie projected on stage. Clearly the mystical witch element has influenced some of my style choices in transition.  

[url]

Quote    Reply   

#128 [url]

Dec 19 16 1:18 PM

^yeah. Amy should be an honorary president of CDL.

do those hard looking male musicians always have to pollute the feel of the Evanescence vids with their presence, though? xx

Quote    Reply   

#129 [url]

Dec 19 16 1:45 PM

Deborah, I'm afraid that without male musicians (and composers), music would lose some crossdreamity. It's s sad thing to say, but there are no good all-girls bands in metal (except Astarte, but they music is not for crossdreaming).

What I love about this song, that is music. Those melodies by itself are dreams.

<embed width=" alt="image">

Quote    Reply   

#130 [url]

Dec 19 16 2:45 PM

This song has been doing it for me lately...

I have to say a lot of Black Marble's music really affects me. Making me fee sometimes nostalgic, and often introspective. Currently, without a doubt, one of my favorite artists.

Quote    Reply   

#131 [url]

Dec 19 16 9:04 PM

Barbara Haskell wrote:
Deborah, I'm afraid that without male musicians (and composers), music would lose some crossdreamity. It's s sad thing to say, but there are no good all-girls bands in metal (except Astarte, but they music is not for crossdreaming).

Rock has both yin and yang components. Some of the best rock experiences result from the confrontation of those two opposites. The girls that pull it off the best seem to be able to easily mix feminine sexuality with an edginess that slihghtly hints of the masculine. Short of that, it is esseential to have a few guys rocking out with a kick ass female singer..

Quote    Reply   

#132 [url]

Dec 20 16 1:16 AM

Suddenly I see

Aaaah, the lyrics folks. Listen to the lyrics!!!

Her face is a map of the worldIs a map of the world
You can see she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm
She holds you captivated in her palm
Suddenly I see (suddenly I see)
This is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see (suddenly I see)
Why the hell it means so much to me
(Suddenly I see)This is what I wanna be

Last Edited By: jackmolay Dec 20 16 1:50 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#133 [url]

Dec 20 16 7:30 AM

^^ and ^^^^ @Barbara and April

just to be clear, i was talking about my appreciation of crossdreamy videos, not about what makes good rock music.

i appreciate that the guys who play the music have a right to be in their own band's video, of course. but as a viewer i find their visual intrusion on the lovely femme scene unwelcome. xx

Quote    Reply   

#136 [url]

Dec 31 16 10:18 AM

I've had this song in my haed today. I remember when I was a little kid in the early 80's, whenever this song would come on the radio in the car I would be completely mesmerized.

[url]

As a kid I also used to watch the Muppets all the time. I'll never forget seeing Linda Ronstadt make a guest appearance on the show. Just for fun here I'll post her singing "Blue Bayou" on The Muppets Show too. When I watched as a kid I thought she was an angel.

[url]

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help