#101 [url]

Aug 30 16 2:30 AM

I have no idea why this video makes me think about crossdreaming. Could it be the contrast between the very feminine Ariana Grande and the violence of the whole thing? Or maybe it is the fact that she appears in a "masculine", pro-active role? Crossing borders and all that.

Anyway, it is well done!

Quote    Reply   

#102 [url]

Aug 30 16 4:32 AM

^ yes it's interesting that you like this, Jack! personally I don't find the depiction of crisis, trauma, violence appealing at all. the soft, to my ears bland song seems incongruous. but you yourself are a strong, bold, active woman, so i can see why you like artistic representations of such people. xx

Quote    Reply   

#104 [url]

Aug 30 16 12:09 PM

this was one of my special faves on the old CDL:

there's also an uncensored version on YouTube, which is a few seconds longer. u have 2 sign in 2 watch it, and confirm yr age.

Galleon's I Believe is also good:

2b honest, as on nearly all the vids in this thread, it's the visuals, not the music, that make me crossdream. the music just sounds like forgettable bland pop. u can always turn the volume off and accompany the visual beauty with a nice piano sonata! xx

Quote    Reply   

#105 [url]

Sep 3 16 11:52 AM

so what actual music makes me crossdream? well, Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac.

Stevie Nicks is kinda like a heroine's heroine. Misty Day in American Horror Story: Coven was really into Stevie Nicks, and I'm really into Misty Day (was her final eternal punishment to be incarnated in a male body??). so i gotten into Stevie Nicks and her band Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac actually have two great female vocalists, Stevie and Christine. the guys in the band give the music a bit of muscle, to complement the lovely flowing feminine sensibility.

and Stevie looks wonderful too, and dresses and moves beautifully on stage. xx

Quote    Reply   

#106 [url]

Sep 3 16 12:24 PM

image ... 'so i begin' reminds me of days when i just can't seem to get it right before i go on cam LOL!!! good to see that it isn't just me! (i only have half the wardrobe she does though!)

Quote    Reply   

#107 [url]

Sep 3 16 12:28 PM

@jack 'one last time'...

to me the message is one i can dig, that in the face of certain death the most important place to be is where one can share love... it's a caustic comment too, a critique... all this "man's world", fire trucks, police, uniforms, metal staircases through concrete tunnels, sky full of exploding technology... and what does it bring? the end, the last kiss, when we could have been loving all along.

Quote    Reply   

#108 [url]

Sep 3 16 3:51 PM

Deborah Kate wrote:
so what actual music makes me crossdream? well, Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac.

Stevie Nicks is kinda like a heroine's heroine. Misty Day in American Horror Story: Coven was really into Stevie Nicks, and I'm really into Misty Day...

OMG, I loved Lily Rabe as Misty Day during AHS: Coven, as well as Stevie Nicks's incredibly appropriate guest appearance during that season as a witch.  :-)
FWIW, I get a bit crossdreamy singing along with Jessica Lange's covers of "Is There Life on Mars" and "Gods and Monsters" from AHS: Freak Show, my favorite of all the seasons so far. Both songs are from a female point of view.

Lily Rabe was also terrific and hilarious as the dangerously butch Aileen Wuornos during AHS: Hotel. And then there was Denis O'Hare as the transgender character Liz Taylor during the same season, and so on. It's such a deeply queer TV show. smiley: smile 

"I could have been wild and I could have been free 
But nature played this trick on me..."

-The Smiths

Quote    Reply   

#109 [url]

Sep 4 16 2:08 AM

yes it's interesting that you like this, Jack! personally I don't find the depiction of crisis, trauma, violence appealing at all. the soft, to my ears bland song seems incongruous. but you yourself are a strong, bold, active woman, so i can see why you like artistic representations of such people. xx

Yes, we are all unique individuals in the same non-crossdreamers are the, which obviously will also be reflected in the imagery that talks to us. However, what the videos you link to and this one has one thing in common: explicit femininity.

I should add though, that the reason I find this Grande video fascinating, is that I have a background all the way back to childhood that sets me into some kind of permanent crisis management mode. Not all of that is caused by my dysphoria. Some of it is rooted in growing up in a dysfunctional family and being harassed for years in school. I have some work to do there, I am afraid.

In this context, birdy's comment, that it all ends in a kiss, is very important.

Quote    Reply   

#110 [url]

Sep 4 16 12:47 PM

Through this world I've stumbled
So many times betrayed,
Trying to find an honest word,
To find the truth enslaved,
Oh you speak to me in riddles and
You speak to me in rhymes
My body aches to breathe your breath,
Your words keep me alive...

---------------------------------------
Like a bird on the wire
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free

Leonard Cohen
---------------------------------------

Quote    Reply   

#111 [url]

Sep 5 16 12:46 AM

wasn't just a dream...

----------------------------

Dream, dream away
Magic in the air
Was magic in the air?
I believe, yes I believe
More I cannot say
What more can I say?

— John Lennon

----------------------------

[url]

Quote    Reply   

#113 [url]

Sep 8 16 12:49 AM

Hm, yes, the Corrs did bring out the Crossdreamer in me, for sure.

(My friends tell me I am not supposed to like a band like the Corrs. but I am a grown up now: I don't give a damn!)

Quote    Reply   

#114 [url]

Sep 8 16 12:51 AM

But while the Corrs girls are ultra-feminine, there are other videos that trigger another type of girl, even the crazy ones who do not give a **** about what you think.

Sia is one of them. The dancing in this video is amazing. Again I am caught up by the contrast between agression and femininity, I guess.

Quote    Reply   

#115 [url]

Sep 8 16 1:08 AM

dang jack, that sia... does that just inspire pura vida to stream out of every cell en tu cuerpo or what! i just lost twenty five years for a minute LOL thanks...

...and yeah, i can't help it, the corrs come up every once in awhile and hit the spot! and good too!

Quote    Reply   

#116 [url]

Sep 17 16 5:41 AM

I want to present here two songs from 70ths. For me, there are pure examples of feminity expression. So dilicate, deep, sensual and with a touch of gentle sadness. These songs make me feel one of the deepest things about, what is it to be a woman.

First, song of Japanese actress and singer Meiko Kaji

Second one - song of Polish-Russian singer Anna Herman. (one of my favorite her songs)

For them, whos interested in lyrics, english translation.

Japanese song
女の呪文 Onna no Jyumon / Charm of a woman

泣いて流した 女の涙を
Nai te nagashi ta onna no namida wo
Flowing, a womans tears flow

そっと川に 浮かせばさ
sotto kawa ni ukase ba sa 
softly floats on the river 

川は溢れて おかに溢れて
kawa wa afure te o kani afure te 
the river overflows, whether overflowing

溢れ 溢れて
afure afure te 
flowing, overflowing

男を溺れさす
otoko wo oboresasu 
the man may drown

じっとこらえた 女の涙を
Jitto korae ta onna no namida wo 
Still, holding back a womans tears

そっと霧に とかせばさ
sotto kiri ni tokase ba sa 
softly, dissolving in the fog

霧は流れて 夜に流れて
kiri wa nagare te yoru ni nagare te 
flowing fog, flowing night

流れ 流れて
nagare nagare te 
it flows, flowing

男を迷わせる
otoko wo mayowaseru 
the man may get lost

涸れて乾いた 女の涙を
Kare te kawai ta onna no namida wo 
Drying, it dries a womans tears

そっと風に 吹かせばさ
sotto kaze ni fukase ba sa 
softly, the wind blows

風は唸って 街に唸って
kaze wa unatte machi ni unatte 
the wind, howling through the town

唸り 唸って
unari unatte 
it howls, howling

男を狂わせる
otoko wo kuruwaseru 
the man may be driven mad

Russian song

Just once each year 
A sweet daze wafted on the wind, as gardens bloomed around us
And in the gentle evening breeze, you spoke to me of love
A sweet daze wafted on the wind, as you spoke tenderly
And I believed, and I believed, and that was that for me 

Just once each year the gardens bloom
Just once each spring we wait for love
And only just one single time, a garden blooms within our soul
One single time, one single time 

Shooting stars fell silently, as gardens bloomed around us
On future days you cast your eye, of wedding bells you spoke
And I no longer hid from you my joyful, loving eyes
And furtively my mother cried with tears of joy for us 

A dress of white was sewn that spring, as gardens bloomed around us
But, what was to be done, my friend – another caught your eye
All bright and bold and beautiful, she crossed your path one day
A cherry sweet and overripe, she soon went on her way 

Quote    Reply   

#117 [url]

Sep 25 16 2:27 AM

...i've been here tonight singing this over and over... the vid may not have visuals, but the feeling... and the words...

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life for yourself and one for your dreams.
You drift through the years and life seems tame,
Till one dream appears and love is its name.

And love is a stranger who'll beckon you on,
Don't think of the danger or the stranger is gone.

This dream is for you, so pay the price.
Make one dream come true, you only live twice.

And love is a stranger who'll beckon you on,
Don't think of the danger or the stranger is gone.

This dream is for you, so pay the price.
Make one dream come true, you only live twice.

Quote    Reply   

#120 [url]

Oct 3 16 9:43 AM

This is something of a new entry to this list for me - and it doesn't make me cross dream, it just makes me cry. You will mostly all know the Gun's and Roses Original, but this version by the young cast of the film Captain Fantastic is a totally reworking of the song as a love song by children to their late mother, and is something of a feminising of the song.... I totally recommend the film, but the scene where they sing them totally bowled me over and made it one of my favourite films of recent years

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help