#62 [url]

Mar 25 16 7:05 AM

Oh, there are so many...

But I'll promise to keep this to one track at a time. Like this one, from 1985, was always a biggie in triggering my crossdream state of mind:

[url]

Never heard a woman so eloquently explain she's a harlot... :p

Last Edited By: Monique Apr 4 16 3:30 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#63 [url]

Mar 25 16 7:11 AM

PipX wrote:
I can't speak for others, of course, but the reason Lola doesn't inform my Crossdreaming, is my crossdreaming is about me as a woman; a cis-woman or more likely a stealth post-op TS who raises no suspicions . Its not about being a TS

I so agree. I think of songs that trigger that part of me which is quintessentially female in one way or another. Not anything about my RL experiences in this reality. But that's not to say Lola isn't a good song, which it is.

Quote    Reply   

#65 [url]

Apr 3 16 1:44 AM

I've never been too sure about this song because I'm not keen on Damon Albarn's Vocal style, and always thought I had must have misheard the lyrics... but he really IS singing

Girls who are boys
Who like boys to be girls

Quote    Reply   

#66 [url]

Apr 3 16 10:50 AM

It isn't the song here, as it is the woman singing it. Samantha Fish is a blues guitarist / singer, with a kick ass presence on stage. She also likes to wear her hemlines really short.

In my youth, this was the kind of woman that stimulated my crossdreaming fantasies. Now in transition, this is also the kind of women that I try to emulate.

[url]

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Apr 11 16 1:16 AM

Music, playing it and performing it, is one of the activities where I feel the most contentment with being who I am. There need be none of the aspects of a male existence which I dislike, such as competitive agression and the need to dominate all the time. But there can still be high energy and loud volumes. So I dont generally feel disphoric at those times.

But there are some ladies who can front a rock band, who I would definately love to channel. Here are lyric snippets from two familiar songs, one by Sheryl Crow and the other by Alanis Morisette, which both have messages about how I feel:

"Everyday is a winding road" - Sheryl Crow

Everyday is a winding road
I get a little bit closer
Everyday is a faded sign
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine

"Hand In My Pocket" - Alanis Morisette

I'm broke but I'm happy
I'm poor but I'm kind
I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
I'm high but I'm grounded
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby
What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be fine fine fine
'cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five
I feel drunk but I'm sober
I'm young and I'm underpaid
I'm tired but I'm working, yeah
I care but I'm restless
I'm here but I'm really gone
I'm wrong and I'm sorry baby

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Apr 11 16 7:09 AM

Jack, i'm happy, that not alone in this point.
Monique, that song of Sandra, was one of the my favorite in my childhood and had a lot of sence for me.
Pip, uhh i understand lyrics of this song, only after finding of text:)) it is too much rapidly for me, But it's not only realta but so much funny.

Jenny, thanks for lyrics. Such a sensitive poetry, so many casts reflections

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Apr 12 16 6:03 AM

This song and video difinietly not about transgender or crossdreaming. But for me in some way, it Is caused a lot of similar experiences. First, metaphor about robot who awake and started feel like a human. This feelings completely not accepted by society, for its viewpoint it is just defect, disease. Like transperson, some-times i feel, like robot, who ocassionaly start feel, what he don't must and try recognize him/herself and his/her true identity and feelings. And of cause bizzar transition in video with some sexual component, it is also related.

What did I say?
I never felt this way before
Is that what they say?
It's a defect in my core

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Apr 18 16 9:09 PM

JustEva wrote:
Monique, that song of Sandra, was one of the my favorite in my childhood and had a lot of sence for me.

[left]So glad to hear it, Eva. So I'm not alone with a heartfelt relation to cheesy 80's music. The kind the girls at school might go out and buy, but I as a guy wasn't able to admit liking for fear of ridicule. Here's another from the same time period that goes straight in and puts me in instant Monique mode (1984):
[url]

Quote    Reply   

#72 [url]

Apr 18 16 9:37 PM

April, about Dancing Queen by ABBA, you might be interested to know that song has become sort of emblematic of the trans community here in Sweden.

And yeah, and it still sends chills up your spine... Makes me wanna pull on a pair of bright red wet-look leggings to go with the disco lights flooded dance floor.

Love
Monique

Last Edited By: Monique Apr 18 16 9:45 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#75 [url]

Apr 20 16 6:13 PM

Oh I love this thread. Music is everything to me and honestly I do not know if I could live without it. So many songs have meant so much to me and while I recognize they really are not about being trans they often came with lines that described much of what I was going through and carry an emotional tone for me that I cannot help but feel they apply to me. So one of the more recent songs and one that really expressed my situation for me was a song by Shiny Toy Guns, We Are Pilots. I'm a huge fan and I cannot recommend them enough. It began to have meaning for me when I was trying to write and come out to people for the first time. I was writing for my parents and this song came to mind. The link:

We Are Pilots - The Shiny Toy Guns

Lyrics:

Holding close my secrets
Naked broken pieces
-from the madness in what you do
The fingers point right back at you
What about my problems?
The people try to solve them
I guess I'm under the weather...
Since no one else belongs here, with me

[Chorus]
Hello mother,
Some news for you
I'm really not that crazy.
Hello father,
I'm curious?
Why you think there's something wrong with me.

Sunday I cried all night...
And it hurt so bad
But if you try to understand--

This is who I am.

Color coated sweetness
Swords beneath my clean dress
I'm making sense of shattered dreams
Because I want you to be proud of me
What about my problems?
The people try to solve them?
I guess i'm under the weather
Since no one else belongs here with me

Another one when I was very young and trying to deal with the dysphoria, depression and more. Imagination was my refuge. Xymox, Imagination: and a live version:

Lyrics:

I have come to indecision
Someone is pushing me
All the cities, subways, rivers
No direction left for me
I have lost my way home early
I dont care cause I wont stay there
All I hear is this silent whisper
Will you be here again
Imagination takes the shadows away
Everyday, Ive been without you
Imagination keeps the shadows away
Everyday, I stay without you
Too many times, without you
I have seen your eyes in purple
I have seen your eyes in blue
All the flowers, tears and faces
All the days I spent with you
Again and again, Ive been escaping
Ive been lost in the dark, I fear
Can you hear this silent whisper
Will you be here again?
Choose and change you say
How can you let this run away
See the storms through your broken window
See the beauty of the falling rain
Everyday, shadow follows me
Cant you see you left your traces
In too many faces

Quote    Reply   

#76 [url]

Apr 21 16 4:56 AM

Jack, thanks for good song of Bowie. Some-times i think about him same way.
I also lile this his song and video. Some elements of crossdreaming i think exist here, and of course Pejic in time before decision about transition in female role and cisgirl in boy role.
And of course two perfect androgyneus persons. David and Tilda. 

Carah Maisie
It is pleasure for me, listen this two songs, and thanks for lyrics!

If return to 80s theme, this trac and video was some bizzar fuel for my crossdreaming imagination in teenage period.

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Apr 25 16 8:06 PM

Here's Supermodel by Delicious.  Let out your inner super model! 

This is the video that I sang karaoke to in Second Life the other day.  I figured probably at least half of the girls in the crowd were really cross dreaming men who could use a little inspiration.  Also features my "waifu" of 20 years, Kiyone.

Next up is Adam Lambert's "For Your Entertainment".  This song drives my inner woman wild, pushing buttons I didn't know I had.  It's so wrong and so right.

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Apr 25 16 8:36 PM

Xora wrote:
I love these two too. You know, I think maybe people underestimate the 'fairer sex'!

Cool songs.  Love the smirkiness of the first one.  The second one was a great recap of great Disney ladies.
VeronicaBeta wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/v/oZvFxS9DI9g&version=3&f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

Cute and sweet song.  Oh, and, Yuri!!  (I just bought a bunch of yuri anime at a convention this weekend)

Last Edited By: LogicalVulcan Apr 25 16 8:42 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help