Lead

Jan 1 17 3:02 PM

Tags : :

Glasses have their own power of expression, they can be beautiful accessory, not an optical device to correct eyesight.

I wonder, why so many women prefer contacts? Maybe it's because they haven't seen this thread )

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 1 17 8:39 PM

I think millenials are a lot more open to women wearing glasses. But in my day and age (I'm a boomer) glasses were only for geeks. They were a sign of virtual deformity. Guys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses.

Indigo Myst

We are such stuff as dreams are made on; and our little life is rounded with a sleep. (Shakespeare, The Tempest)

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 2 17 5:23 AM

Dorothy Parker was a famous wit nd raconteur in the 1920's - I don't know many of her saying but one was 'Men don't make passes at Girls in Glasses'

Well she was wrong about that because it certainly doesn't put me off women at all.. These are lovely pictures posted above

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 2 17 10:00 AM

PipX wrote:
Dorothy Parker was a famous wit nd raconteur in the 1920's - I don't know many of her saying but one was 'Men don't make passes at Girls in Glasses'

Well she was wrong about that because it certainly doesn't put me off women at all.. These are lovely pictures posted above

There may have been a time when culturally that was true. As a matter of fact, I do remember as a kid when having to wear glasses was treated like something to be ashamed of. I personally have never needed glasses, but feared one day needing them. Times certainly have changed. More and more than seem to be becoming a fashion acessory. I don't mind this trend one bit.

Last Edited By: Josie Jan 2 17 10:04 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 23 17 9:05 PM

Sunglasses count as glasses, right?

I love sunglasses. I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent on sunglasses or how many pairs I've gone through over the years. They get lost, broken, scratched, or I simply get bored with them and want something different. 

Sometimes I feel like every day the sun is bright and I get to slip on my sunglasses when I get in my car is a good day. I can't imagine that obsession would be any different for me as a girl.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 27 17 11:51 AM

My approach to sunglasses is more utilitarian, they save my eyes from bright sunlight. But sunglasses looks very good, usually I don't like at all what I see in the mirror. With sunglasses, my reflection is not bad at all. Probably they have some magic inside )

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jan 30 17 10:22 AM

I love this song, and I've liked Lisa Loeb for a long time. 

Last night I couldn't stop listening to this song. I chose to post it here because Lisa is known for her signature glasses. Back in the 90's she was somewhat of a pioneer in turning glasses into a fashion accessory. 

[url]

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

May 8 17 6:44 AM

Having recently opened up an embraced my urge to cross dress and as a person who wears glasses getting an extra pair for my other side is something I'm looking forward to.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help