Lead

Dec 4 16 1:19 AM

Tags : :

A follow up to Lost247365's post on the gender change movie Sam.

Here is another upcoming movie that has more or less the same story line as Sam: Male chauvinist pig is transformed into a woman to be taught a life lesson. Like Sam, this movie is branded as a romantic comedy.

I believe it is to be shown on Amazon.

The trailer contains all the stereotypes of TG fiction, including the witch (or wizard in Sam) and the bathroom taking a leak reveal scene. I don't mind, but when the film includes a dildo and dressing up as a girl scene, my huch is that that someone in the film crew is a crossdreamer. Or maybe not.

Here is the full synopsis:
Eddie Greenleaf (30ish) is the best-selling author of a pair of books designed to help men pick up women.

He is also a handsome playboy who beds one beautiful woman after another without a thought for the consequences.

As Eddie is returning to his New York City loft one night following a romp with a supermodel, he is confronted by a homeless woman. She accuses Eddie of being a superficial womanizer. When he objects, she asks him to prove that he can see the beauty in all women by giving her a kiss. Of course, he refuses.The next morning, Eddie wakes to discover – to his horror – that he has been changed into a woman. A beautiful woman (think Mila Kunis), but a woman nonetheless. This change leads Eddie (or, Edna, as he now calls himself) on a comical journey of self-discovery, as he learns what it's like to be on the other side of the sexual coin. Along the way, he comes to realize how shallow his life used to be and falls in love for the first time in his life with Jess, the pretty but insecure manager of a local homeless shelter (think Anna Kendrick).

Eventually, Edna works up the courage to tell Jess the truth about his/her situation, only Jess assumes it's some sort of a crazy lesbian come-on and tells Edna she doesn't want to see her again.

Heartbroken, Edna falls into a funk that is only exacerbated when she experiences her first period. When the hormones subside, Edna has an epiphany: She is going to write a new book, only this one will sing the praises of romance and love and teach women how to tell Mr. Right from Mr. Wrong.
 The morning after turning the book in to her agent, Edna wakes to discover she has been changed back into Eddie. The curse has been broken!We cut to six months later, and Eddie is at a signing for the new book, which is another best-seller. After the signing, Jess appears and tells Eddie she was wrong. Though not entirely sure why, something is telling her that Eddie really was Edna.

They decide to start over. Eddie asks Jess if he can buy her a coffee, and she happily accepts his offer. Together, the two of them walk out of the book store.

Anthony Cohen: Cohen Media Group.

The marketing of the movie is confusing, as there are several posters, trying to give you different feelings.

This one is OK, I guess:

But these two are pretty creepy, and they make me fear that this is going to be an embarrassing film:

Last Edited By: jackmolay Dec 4 16 2:56 AM. Edited 3 times

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Dec 4 16 1:35 AM

Eva Adams

There once was an Argentinian TV soap using the exact same story-line, called Lalola.

I found the first episode with English subtitles over at YouTube.

Later on there was an attempt to make an American version of this TV series called Eva Addams. They made a pilot, but the show was cancelled.

It may perfectly well be that some of the movie makers have crossdreaming tendencies, but I guess that the plot also is a good one for making comedy out of gender stereotypes. 

(I embed the episodes as they are not available for sale).

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 4 16 3:35 AM

Haha yep, exact same storyline as "Sam." It looks like "The Sex Trip" was operating with a little bit bigger budget. I'll probably check it out to compare the two movies.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 13 16 7:06 PM

The only downside is when filmmakers beat the death out of the same
​storyline over and over. There are quite a few films Switch, Goodbye
Charlie, etc. just to name a few where the male is sterotyped as a
male chauvinist pig or degrading to women. I mean getting a film
​within our genre is better than having none at all, you would think
that they would come up with new plots.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 13 16 10:38 PM

These films are aimed at the mainstream audience who know nothing about the 'gender scene', it goes to show how much of an interest there is in the general body swopping subject, amungst the general population.

When the British Brainwashing Corporation (The BBC) ever have a documentary on the subject it usually is one of the most popular programmes they broadcast. There made one about trans kids and it was the number one iplayer program for ages.

There have been many times when I highly suspect writers motivations when such body swop films are made. It is the tiny parts of the story, the small detail that a normal writer would not insert....unless they were well versed in the fantasy themselves.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Dec 14 16 9:47 AM

It makes me roll my eyes when they keep recycling the same plot, same characters, same scenes, same jokes over and over again.

It's not just in the gender-swapping stories though, it seems like in general Hollywood hasn't put out an original idea in years.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 15 16 1:17 AM

It is the tiny parts of the story, the small detail that a normal writer would not insert....unless they were well versed in the fantasy themselves.

Indeed, like the magical shop in Sam.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help