#1 [url]

Oct 22 16 6:18 AM

Cheryl Sussex wrote:
Mother forced boy 7 to live as a girl. Full story here http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/seven-year-old-boy-who-9098500

Nice to know all the forced fem stories out there are based on fact. 

There are a lot of fictional stories, which can be better not based on any facts. While I can enjoy such kind of stories in fiction, in reality it is absolutely not good.High Court judge Mr Justice Hayden said the woman had been "absolutely convinced" that the youngster "perceived himself as a girl" and was determined that he should be a girl.
This sounds like an abuse to me. I have seen that kind of determination in my childhood. I was interested in playing chess, but my parents was determined, that I should be a man, so chess is out and basketball is in. But I was not interested in basketball at all.

It is a boy, who need to be determined, not mother.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Oct 23 16 3:28 AM

But we do not know the whole story, do we? Maybe the kid has expressed a wish to be a girl or express themselves as one.

I hve heard enough stories about mothers dressing up their sons as girls by force to know that these things happen, but I see so much trans-bashing these days that I would like to wait and see what has really happened here.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 29 16 12:15 AM

Commenting just on Barbara's story, surely Chess is played by both Genders, and most grandmasters have been men, the clue being in the name the game gives its top stars (without wanting to get too much into the language bias that suggests)... Seems your parents were trying to impose on you a sporting life over a cerebral one... of course that's not supportable either... I've not read Cheryl's link yet but the mother sounds disturbed; I'm sure I read another unconnected story about a woman who wanted all her friends to think her young child had cancer, shaved his head and kept him underfed.... All serious psycological problems with the parent.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 20 16 5:15 PM

It is kind of funny that. 
My parents imposed a cerebral life over a sporting one, and I guess I didn't mind that very much, well academics and music and to some extent drama, though by the time I was a teenager I was much more scared about taking centre stage. My elder brother went to an early morning football club when he was 5 and I was 3, kicked the ball maybe once, got himself an ingrowing toenail, and pretty much gave up on sports there and then unless it was compulsory. Nowadays he does skiing, scuba diving and swimming and has a personal trainer, but still only watches football as a fan. 

I was spared most of that kind of thing thankfully.  If I was going to do that kind of activity I'd probably have wanted to be a majorette or something, which would have absolutely been a no-no, that's not for boys thing. 
I dunno though, apparently even George W. Bush started out as a cheerleader. ;-)

Last Edited By: Xora Nov 29 16 8:39 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 9 17 11:27 PM

I have heard from crossdreamers who have been through forced crossdressing as kids. At least one of them believed that his mother and aunt dressing him up as a girl caused his crossdreaming. That is impossible to prove or disprove, given that most crossdreamers have not been exposed to "forced feminization" as kids ("forced masculinization" more likely, and that some boys who have been exposed to this kind of abuse do not become crossdreamers.

There was one thing this crossdreamer told me that worried me much. The idea was clearly to make fun of the kid. Feminization was thought of as humiliating and therefore a kind of joke. That is clearly abuse. And that had caused a serious mix up of feelings in our fellow crossdreamer, who was now associating femininity with degradation. That is not good.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 10 17 2:11 AM

That's probably more like attempting to use reverse psychology. The boy is too effeminate, so they dress him as a girl and then proceed to humiliate him in order to teach him a lesson to adapt his behaviour to minimise his femininity in future. It wasn't what made him effeminate in the first place.

Though I can see how if the supposed punishment backfired and caused him excitement instead of fear, or excitement mixed with fear, at the prospect of being seen as feminine that it might get all tangled up in his head as being the original cause of a desire and not the consequence.

Like Juno Roche, when the boys at her primary school called her a pansy, she just thought it was a pretty name and then adopted it for herself, without even seeing it as the insult it was originally intended as. http://www.pressreader.com/uk/diva-uk/20160401/282166470301643

You really can't behaviourally condition people out of these things, no matter what you try, and attempting to do so just causes them unnecessary pain and confusion.

That's kind of why I hate this one: https://transresearch.info/2014/08/01/gender-dysphoria-in-aspergers-syndrome-a-caution-review/

..when he was in Year 11 had worn his hair long and taken the name Marjory. He asked for hormonal transition but two psychiatrists and an endocrinologist wisely withheld hormones. He claimed that from the age of two years he had felt he was a girl. He would get emotional over trivial things – which he said was a female trait! At nine he was cross dressing, which continued into his teens.

He had always felt ‘different’ and over many years had a preoccupation with the ‘Star Wars’ saga and making model spaceships. At the age of 19 years he consulted me because of confusion over gender and sexuality – presenting, nonetheless, as quite a well-adjusted young man. Two years later he was able to say that ‘all that transgender business’ had been a waste of time and had put him a couple of years behind his mates in sexual development. Not long ago, three years after ending treatment, he told me he was married, expecting a child.

Because chances are he's still like me, still at least secretly 'crossdreaming', and maybe got married more out of fear than out of actually having the capacity to really act like a man. But evidently this is seen as a more positive outcome, when perhaps if he had been given the hormone treatment, without the implicit expectation that he would first suddenly get all into makeup and forget all about Star Wars, it might have cleared up a lot of his Asperger's symptoms and left him feeling much better over all.

As far as the doctor is concerned he's a good example of why treatment should be withheld from those presenting with Asperger's, as far as his wife and future children are concerned, maybe not so much, and what will he be feeling like when he's 50+?

I mean, I might have said 'All that transgender business had been a waste of time' when I was 22-25 too, when I felt like I was starting to get more of a grip on life, but then it came back and hit me over the head when I was 30 anyway, by which time physically the situation was not as good as when I was 17-19.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help