Lead

Oct 19 16 12:20 AM

Tags : :

Most crossdreamers do not transition to their target gender, many because they do not feel the need and others because they see no way of making this happen in a good way where they are right now. But some do, and others think about it.

This is a subforum for discussing everything transition-related and it is open for all crossdreamers and gender variant persons. Express your dreams, express your fears and ask a lot of stupid questions!  That is the only way to learn.

Note that transitioning does not necessarily mean hormones and surgery. More and more countires allow people to transition legally without such requirements.
Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Dec 5 16 2:19 PM

yes and no at the same time

What are your thoughts on hormone and not transitioning? Not wanting to upset the apple cart completely, but want many of the benefits of hormone like sanity.  

Phee

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 5 16 11:14 PM

I know of quite a few MTF crossdreamers who take hormones, even if they are not planning to transition socially and/or medically.  Some do it to calm their dysphoria, others because they want to experience at least a part of having a woman's body. For many it seems to be another way to express their other self, in the same way crossdressing can be.

That should be OK, as far as I see it, as long as they have taken the side effects into consideration. For instance: It is best to have a doctor on board, even if you go for the herbal option. 

I saw from your introductory message that you are doing this right now, and that you do it for yourself, and that you are no longer willing to deny yourself this exploration to please others. Again: We do what we need to do, and if your crossdreaming is strong this makes sense to me.

There are consequences, of course. Your body will be feminized and that will most likely be visible to others, at least if you plan spending time with others on the beach, in the gym or in the spa. I have heard of crossdreamers who have had to bind down their chest to present as male. They tell me that it is all worth the effort, but I am sure there are also those who find it all complicated.  Breast growth is not reversible without surgery.

There is one more thing to consider. If doing this is a result of gender dysphoria, I suspect the urge can be the result of  being transsexual.  That means that there may come a point where transitioning becomes the logical outcome of the process. I guess it would make sense to keep that in mind before a crossdreamer embarks on this kind of journey.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 8 16 1:50 PM

Hormones are not reversible. they also seem to work on your brain not just your body. I think you act, think, and feel differently. I think that the whole issue with the bathroom usage is that many think it could be. However many gay men use male bathrooms and many lesbian women use womens and most trans people do not use bathrooms as hook up spots. But the fear of that one person has paralized the whole country.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 9 16 7:24 AM

I think there is a window where one can stop without any permanent physical effects. Where that ends, I think it is debatable, and probably varies with different people. For me, I think that was about 12 months.I agree with Phee that hormones might change you far more dramatically in a mental sense than a physical one, particularly in the first year. How you feel about sex and your sexuality will get filtered through all of that.By the way, I had some physical changes in year one, but not much happened in year two in a physical sense My endo has changed my protocol twice in year 3 and I had substantial physical change immediately after both times. The body seems to get stimulated when you mix up the routine,

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 1 17 8:02 AM

I am hoping that hormones will be the essential missing piece to the jigsaw of my life. Yes, I am looking for the physical changes: upper body muscle loss, the redistribution of fat to hips and thighs, the shrinking of testicles, the softer skin and developing of buds. But it is the elimination of testosterone and getting my brain working on oestrogen that I am most focused and looking forward to.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 1 17 9:21 AM

I'm not going to transition, certainly not now I'm just past 50. Its always been a very attractive idea for me, but not quite attractive enough for all the expense, all the worry if I'd even half pass, all the family upheaval... In my mind though if I did transition it would be the full works though, not taking a few pills to see my skin soften - I'd want FFS, SRS, a bust that was at least a B-Cup and while not being some kind of super femme, to fit comfortably into the range that society sees as female

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 1 17 11:51 AM

I am fortunate enough to live in a country where the compulsory medical insurance covers SRS and now breast implants. So I don't worry about these aspects.

Access to hormones: yes. Quite tricky if you don't want to wait forever.

FFS: have to pay and is necessary.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 7 17 5:52 AM

jackmolay wrote:
I know of quite a few MTF crossdreamers who take hormones, even if they are not planning to transition socially and/or medically.  Some do it to calm their dysphoria, others because they want to experience at least a part of having a woman's body. For many it seems to be another way to express their other self, in the same way crossdressing can be.

That should be OK, as far as I see it, as long as they have taken the side effects into consideration. For instance: It is best to have a doctor on board, even if you go for the herbal option. 

I saw from your introductory message that you are doing this right now, and that you do it for yourself, and that you are no longer willing to deny yourself this exploration to please others. Again: We do what we need to do, and if your crossdreaming is strong this makes sense to me.

There are consequences, of course. Your body will be feminized and that will most likely be visible to others, at least if you plan spending time with others on the beach, in the gym or in the spa. I have heard of crossdreamers who have had to bind down their chest to present as male. They tell me that it is all worth the effort, but I am sure there are also those who find it all complicated.  Breast growth is not reversible without surgery.

There is one more thing to consider. If doing this is a result of gender dysphoria, I suspect the urge can be the result of  being transsexual.  That means that there may come a point where transitioning becomes the logical outcome of the process. I guess it would make sense to keep that in mind before a crossdreamer embarks on this kind of journey.
 

I've been thinking about this post a lot as regards my own situation. I consider my motivation as 80% genuinely wanting to transition and be a woman completely. But when I think about the immensity of the complete change, especially as regards coming out at work, then that 20% cross dreaming/dressing male comes in and says slow down, but also don't worry its only an experiment to see how you feel on hormones and you will be able to stop at any time. The same with laser treatment on my face. Today I went for the intake at the clinic and when I was getting nervous waiting, the male part of me, kept saying don't worry its not like your hair is going to be all removed right now and you can stop after one or two sessions.

But of course, there will soon come a time when the physical and psychological changes are so profound that it will no longer be possible to hide behind "Well, it's only an experiment."

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Mar 1 17 12:54 PM

Sex & Drugs -- Rocking & Rolling

Finasteride -- My MD offered this to address my BPH (Benign Prostate Hyperplasia) -- BPH makes ya pee all night.

Finasteride is also a first line choice for adjunct hormone therapy for trans. It's a 5a reductase inhibitor, makes the testosterone not metabolize into dihydrotestosterone.

Sanity? -- Kinda sorta . . . 60 days at 5mg/day reduced sex drive to nil. That was working for me. Seems also to reduce 2ndary male pattern hair. It's supposed to make head/scalp hair thicker and women use it to stop alopecia (male pattern balding).

Everything seemed just fine until I began having side effects: Fatique, loss of energy, light headed . . .  and now, being treated by the VA for atrial fibrillation.

I'm not a chemist, not an MD. But I've been told by chemists, pharmacists, MD's that tweaking the endocrine system is twitchy stuff. Tweaking hormones sets off a concatenation of metabolic events that can put the ol' body into a tailspin.


Of late -- generally about two years these days, but just recently too in the past month, I've gained some "sanity" from kicking the doors off the closet. I present clearly cis-M, but gender fluid, non-binary. I wish the testosterone would leave be alone! My docs have offered me a bi-lateral orchiectomy. That procedure opens doors to a lot of endocrine issues, muscle mass loss, loss of bone density, sexual dysfunction (which I don't much care about).

My blog (plug, plug, plug) addresses the post-structuralist gender presentation issues. More recently, it's addressing the natal hormonal development realm of sex differentiation.

http://allisontranscend.blogspot.com/




Sanity is what you make of it.

 

Last Edited By: AllisonWunderland Mar 1 17 12:58 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Mar 15 17 10:36 PM

MegE23 wrote:
​Hi, I'm working on my voice for my transition and was wondering if you knew of any good resources?

I used Melanie Speaks: http://heartcorps.com/journeys/voice.htm . It worked very well. It kind of snuck up on me though. I didn't think I was using the voice. But people started using female pronouns for me on the phone, drive throughs, and other places where they couldn't see me. 

But it it was only strangers, never people who know me.

There are also a lot of YouTube videos that teach the technique for free. 

Lindsay


"The thing is you see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear, dig?" the Pointed Man

Last Edited By: Lindsay Mar 16 17 8:54 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Mar 16 17 5:13 PM

Hypnosis For Surgery

Hello,

​I've seen evidence of people being able to use hypnosis as the sole means of aneasthesia for various surgical procedures (http://www.asch.net/Home.aspx​).  Has anybody here had experience with using hyponsis for a vaginoplasty procedure?  My main concern with conventional General Anaethesis is the small risk (but still bigger than I'd like to take) of anaesthesia awareness.

Thanks,
​Megan

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 16 17 5:17 PM

Lindsay wrote:

MegE23 wrote:
​Hi, I'm working on my voice for my transition and was wondering if you knew of any good resources?

I used Melanie Speaks: http://heartcorps.com/journeys/voice.htm . It worked very well. It kind of snuck up on me though. I didn't think I was using the voice. But people started using female pronouns for me on the phone, drive throughs, and other places where they couldn't see me. 

But it it was only strangers, never people who know me.

There are also a lot of YouTube videos that teach the technique for free. 

Cool, thanks for the response!

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Mar 21 17 2:23 PM

Hello,

​I've seen evidence of people being able to use hypnosis as the sole means of aneasthesia for various surgical procedures (http://www.asch.net/Home.aspx​). Has anybody here had experience with using hyponsis for a vaginoplasty procedure? My main concern with conventional General Anaethesis is the small risk (but still bigger than I'd like to take) of anaesthesia awareness.

Thanks,
​Megan

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Mar 22 17 12:10 AM

Vaginoplasty is a pretty complicated procedure that takes time (and a long recovery period). Going through such surgery without anasthesia sounds much more risky to me, and the chances of experiencing anasthesia awareness are very slim (around 0.2 to 0.4 percent according to the research I have seen).

The chances of being aware of this procedure using hypnosis must be much larger.

I found this discussion over at Susan's Place:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=148205.0

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Mar 29 17 1:29 PM

I have been on estrogen for a little over a year. I am pleased with the change. People now ask me if I prefer she and her pronouns. Hormones for me mediated the dysphoria and stopped the monkey mind of being a trans woman. I do have sexual side effects, and I am not convinced I am going to, or planning on having surgery, but I would like to feel natural about my libido. Estrogen works for me psychologically, and yet I have the notion that it is being rebellious in a way I might regret. I hope that doesn't sound dumb. It is amazing transitioning while my wife slowly adjusts to our mutual attraction to men and each other, for my part letting go has been painful, as though I were only putting someone else on and was fooling myself, however with all this questioning in the midst of transitioning, it is proper and right for me to take ownership, of my female personality with estrogen.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Mar 29 17 4:38 PM

Robben Wendy wrote:
I have been on estrogen for a little over a year. I am pleased with the change. People now ask me if I prefer she and her pronouns. Hormones for me mediated the dysphoria and stopped the monkey mind of being a trans woman. I do have sexual side effects, and I am not convinced I am going to, or planning on having surgery, but I would like to feel natural about my libido. Estrogen works for me psychologically, and yet I have the notion that it is being rebellious in a way I might regret. I hope that doesn't sound dumb. It is amazing transitioning while my wife slowly adjusts to our mutual attraction to men and each other, for my part letting go has been painful, as though I were only putting someone else on and was fooling myself, however with all this questioning in the midst of transitioning, it is proper and right for me to take ownership, of my female personality with estrogen.

You're fortunate that your marriage is working for you and your wife. My wife and I, although best of friends and love each other, are in the divorce process. I've never really considered transitioning before, but now, I wonder. I feel a freedom and urgency to more fully explore and be myself regardless of where that leads. I will be leaving our house in mid-April and am seriously considering visiting a couple of makeover places in Portland and Seattle.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help