Lead

Oct 6 16 7:25 PM

Tags : :

House-husband(s)!!
Sexual dimorphism: big females, small males.  Returning to the female matrix....for life!
Some anglerfish, like those of the Ceratiidae, or sea devils, employ an unusual mating method. Because individuals are locally rare, encounters are also very rare. Therefore, finding a mate is problematic. When scientists first started capturing ceratioid anglerfish, they noticed that all of the specimens were female. These individuals were a few centimetres in size and almost all of them had what appeared to be parasites attached to them. It turned out that these "parasites" were highly reduced male ceratioids. This indicates the anglerfish use a polyandrous mating system.Certain ceratioids rely on parabiotic reproduction. Free-living males and unparasitized females in these species never have fully developed gonads. Thus, males never mature without parasitizing a female, and die if they cannot find one.[2] At birth, male ceratioids are already equipped with extremely well-developed olfactory organs[14] that detect scents in the water. Males of some species also develop large, highly specialized eyes that may aid in identifying mates in dark environments. The male ceratioid lives solely to find and mate with a female. They are significantly smaller than a female anglerfish, and may have trouble finding food in the deep sea. Furthermore, growth of the alimentary canals of some males becomes stunted, preventing them from feeding. Some taxa have jaws that are never suitable or effective for prey capture.[14] These features mean the male must quickly find a female anglerfish to prevent death. The sensitive olfactory organs help the male to detect the pheromones that signal the proximity of a female anglerfish.However, the methods anglerfish use to locate mates vary. Some species have minute eyes that are unfit for identifying females, while others have underdeveloped nostrils, making them unlikely to effectively find females by smell.[2] When a male finds a female, he bites into her skin, and releases an enzyme that digests the skin of his mouth and her body, fusing the pair down to the blood-vessel level.[14] The male becomes dependent on the female host for survival by receiving nutrients via their shared circulatory system, and provides sperm to the female in return. After fusing, males increase in volume and become much larger relative to free-living males of the species. They live and remain reproductively functional as long as the female lives, and can take part in multiple spawnings.[2] This extreme sexual dimorphism ensures that when the female is ready to spawn, she has a mate immediately available.[15] Multiple males can be incorporated into a single individual female with up to eight males in some species, though some taxa appear to have a "one male per female" rule.[2]

(Wikipedia)

So, males and females need each other because they do not have fully developed gonads as individuals.  Why did Nature even bother to separate the anglerfish into two sexes in the first place?  Oh, right.  There's variety in sexual reproduction as opposed to self-cloning.  

I understand that when the males smell a female, they become parasitic house-husbands.  But I just realized something else: if the house-husbands can provide the female head-of-household with their sperms after all other body parts have completely fused into the girl, then these parasitic guys have actually become her testicles!! The hermaphroditous process is complete! And it's one girl, with many guys in some species.  Polygamy, fish style: MMMMMMMMF !!  

Last Edited By: lal2828 Oct 7 16 7:36 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Oct 7 16 12:34 AM

It never sieze to amaze me, this immense variety as regards gender and sexuality among animals. The social debate is often based on the the idea that all animals follow the social mores of 19th century Victorian men and women. The fact is that very few do so. Roles and abilities are in a constant flux between species and even within species.

Great find, Jen!

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 8 16 4:25 AM

Always been fascinated about these fish since first I heard about it. Fusing the pair at the blood-vessel level? Now, how's that for "returning to the womb"? The anglerfish is the ultimate maternal dominatrix, deep sea style! I wonder what Uncle Freud would have said about it!

Notice the "finding a mate is problematic" part of how this game works. Actually, in the past it has lead me to think that this might be one option, one viable long-term path to go down, in order to reconstruct steady state gender relations post the cataclysmic discontinuity of feminism in the human species.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 8 16 6:47 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, but that would be up to the female gender of species. So I guess it could be put in doubt. At least from what I have learned about the preferences of women in general over the years.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 24 16 6:30 PM

Becoming Mama.....or, MTF Big Diva Mama, literally!!!!!

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/fishtree_07

In the case of the anglerfish, the female was a big girl until the males became absorbed into her, thus changing her to a female with testicles that impregnated herself.

In a contrary move, the clownfish are hermaphrodite males as youngsters.  A pair of them becomes big boy and big girl (the only girl - thus queen diva!) that are ready to mate, but if something happens to the female, then another male becomes the big girl to take her place.  Now that's MTF action!!

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 24 16 6:42 PM

Always been fascinated about these fish since first I heard about it. Fusing the pair at the blood-vessel level? Now, how's that for "returning to the womb"? The anglerfish is the ultimate maternal dominatrix, deep sea style! I wonder what Uncle Freud would have said about it!

Notice the "finding a mate is problematic" part of how this game works. Actually, in the past it has lead me to think that this might be one option, one viable long-term path to go down, in order to reconstruct steady state gender relations post the cataclysmic discontinuity of feminism in the human species.

Huh????

Monique, you want to attach yourself to a woman, like a fish??

(I support the "Going Your Own Way" philosophy.)

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 24 16 6:49 PM

(Let me see if the quotation thingy works now.)

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, but that would be up to the female gender of species. So I guess it could be put in doubt. At least from what I have learned about the preferences of women in general over the years. I've been in femdom since forever.  

I've been in femdom forever.  Your doubts are correct, Monique.

(Psssssssttttt......."Own Way" is "The Way.")

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 27 16 7:05 PM

There are actually parasites that can turn Crustaceans and insects into the other gender.  

The first of the two is called Sacculina and it is a small barnacle that parasitizes crabs. The female larva of Sacculina will find a joint on the crab and then molts into a kentrogon which is a soft bodied form. Once in this form it will inject itself into the crab while it molts its shell. The parasite develops inside the crab until it appears as a medium sized sac on the bottom of the crab. Invasion of the crab by the Sacculina results in two major changes. The first is that the crab is no longer capable of molting and therefore cannot get any bigger or regrow any missing claws. This comes as a result of the parasite siphoning away the crabs nutrients for itself. The second change is that Sacculina starts drastically altering the crabs hormones. For female crabs it makes them behave as if they are pregnant but for males its a bit of a different story. The change in hormones sterilizes the males and alters the crabs body makeup to resemble that of the female. In addition the infected crabs will care for the Sacculina’s eggs once it lays them, even distributing them into the ocean as it would its own eggs.

The second of the two and true king of gender bending is the bacteria known as Wolbachia. Wolbachia infects a variety of arthropods with a high majority being insects. Wolbachia is a very special parasite in that in some cases it has become more symbiotic than parasitic but, before that lets see what it does to its hosts gender. Wolbachia alters gender and controls reproduction through four major pathways. The first two effect the larva of the host species by making male larva more likely to die before maturity and by making male larva more likely to be born female or sterile. This makes it so males of the host are scarce, especially fertile ones. So one might ask how in the world is this organism going to reproduce now? Well luckily Wolbachia figured that one out through a process called parthenogenesis. Parthenogenesis is a process of asexual reproduction that creates embryos without fertilization. Last but not least is kind of a fail safe to make sure that even if a male manages to make it through it can’t do anything to change the fate of its species. This fail safe is called cytoplasmic incompatibility and it makes it so even if an infected male manages to survive and stay fertile it will be unable to reproduce with any uninfected organisms and organisms with a different strain of wolbachia, thus giving wolbachia a sort of monopoly on the genus of that species. Now this doesn’t exactly harm the organism per se, as the reproductive control it enacts isn’t really a negative thing to the organism. In fact in some cases Wolbachia actually provides benefits to its host. It has been shown that infection with the parasite has resulted in increased viral resistance to a variety of viruses that infect their hosts. In addition Wolbachia also increases the number of offspring the host has and in some cases even provides chemicals for metabolic processes. For example, without Wolbachia the common fruit fly would be unable to metabolize iron.
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/10/parasitic-sacculina-bends-host-will/

Last Edited By: Lost247365 Oct 27 16 7:08 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 29 16 12:17 PM

lal2828 wrote:

Huh????

Monique, you want to attach yourself to a woman, like a fish??

(I support the "Going Your Own Way" philosophy.)

No, I don't. But I guess an earlier version of myself, who had just recently been successful in suppressing his MTF desires, hmmm, well... did. In my 20's (this was in the 90's) I had convinced myself I sure enough was a guy. But on the other hand, maybe as compensation, I also elevated femdom fantasies and a femdom view of the world into principles I began to live by. So back then, I had only too gladly been a slave anglerfish male, merging into and becoming completely absorbed by the female domme fish, as her pleasure tool in orgasmic symbiosis forever. Goes without saying I was willing to give up myself entirely if only there was a woman who wanted me. It's strange what we will do for love, especially in a deep, vast, cold and lonely ocean.

Needless to say I never found her. I was too inexperienced, knew nothing of real women, and had my mind backwards about what could attract a woman. For instance, I had been told and honestly believed looks didn't matter to women, not to mention this compulsive habit of mine of placing women, any woman, on piedistals all the time. What a throughly blue pilled imbecille I was. So instead of catching anglerfish (naturally) I stumbled over Venus in Furs. I mean the novel. Looking back on it, I realize the ending of that book - of what I initially had thought to be a tintilizing trip of voyeurism into 19th century perversion - was my first actual experience of the red pill and the beginning of weaning myself off the blue ones. And man did it taste bitter. The fact that I subsequently in essence had to go through it for real, didn't serve to diminish its effect.

The song actually includes it, "strike his mistress, and cure his heart", but offers no explanation, I think, to why it's there:

[url]

Nowadays I'm not after attaching myself to a woman. I aim at becoming the woman, and if there is an afterlife, I will. As her I wish to make every unduly unloved male in this horrible world get theirs and feel tenderly cared for, for all eternity.

"We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting."

- Khalil Gibran

If I cannot be a feminine traditional woman, what's the point of being a woman?

- Me

Last Edited By: Monique Oct 29 16 1:21 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Oct 29 16 1:07 PM

lal2828 wrote:
(Let me see if the quotation thingy works now.)
Oh yeah, I forgot to add, but that would be up to the female gender of species. So I guess it could be put in doubt. At least from what I have learned about the preferences of women in general over the years. I've been in femdom since forever.  

I've been in femdom forever.  Your doubts are correct, Monique.

(Psssssssttttt......."Own Way" is "The Way.")

Yeah, so I thought about the "doubts". *sigh*

Really, you've been in Femdom? How fascinating! In New York? Now, that's epic. And you enjoy it? It speaks to you? If you feel like wanting to share, I'm sure a few around here would be all ears.

""Own Way is "The Way""

*lol* I caught you the first time. image

Well, for men at least. Which I am not, or at least, have no intention to be. So I reckon it's not my road to travel on. image

Love,
Monique

"We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting."

- Khalil Gibran

If I cannot be a feminine traditional woman, what's the point of being a woman?

- Me

Last Edited By: Monique Oct 29 16 1:10 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 30 16 7:47 PM

Monique, 

You make it hard for me to go on a hiatus from here!

Firstly, you're not that much older than I am, so stop making yourself sound like Diva Rip Van Wrinkle! 

Now, I need to clarify the femdom statement.  By being "in femdom forever," I meant that I've been a cis female forever, so I know the world of the females. (Thing is, I can't go lez.  They can surround me, and I'd still feel nothing!)  To me, everyday female life is femdom, with or without leather.   I was not referring to dominatrix life!  

As to "The Way," the philosophy works for any gender in my view.  I've found it good and I've always said that I am a cis female.  Even if you think you have crossed over, deary, the way still works because you are living it as defined by your "self."  Notice how I separated "self" to mean a separate entity, not necessarily attached to your body. I do envy how you can cross over and love the other way.  I did say I can't go lez.  My bi button is broken.  (Ooooo....b,b,b)

I will write more about "fish attachments" and swallowing the blue pill in the deep blue sea, and of course, the Way. (Love your metaphors!) I see the f***in' social sciences play out in my face EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! Check your posts.........eh.......maybe some time.......this or next week.   

Last Edited By: lal2828 Oct 30 16 8:12 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help