Lead

Sep 29 16 10:57 AM

Tags : :

This is a forum for crossdreamers of all shades, from those who identify with their assigned gender at the one end to those that transition to the point of having surgery at the other. This has always been the case and should be so in the future as well, in my opinion.

I am hearing some buzz in other forums, however, that some believe that this is a group for non-transitioners only. That is clearly not the case, but I can understand why they think so. We have no dedicated space for discussions about  transitioning. As far as I can see this is the case even in some forums dedicated  to crossdressers or erotic "TG fiction" for that matter. I know that some of you have argued eloquently and convincingly that this is a sensible choice but I will nevertheless take the liberty of revisiting the topic one more time.

There are three reasons for putting up such a subforum, as I see it:

1. To give those that have transitioned a place to discuss this part of their lives.
2. To give those that have not transitioned a place to debate the pros and cons of transitioning (and ask questions)
3. To give a dedicated space to the current debate on to what extent hormones and surgery is needed in order to transition socially and legally.

Personally I find the last item on the list especially interesting. This year my country removed the power to decide who can transiton legally away from the medical gate-keepers, which also means that "bottom surgery" is no longer required to be accepted as your true gender.  

Suddenly there are new alternatives available, in additon to the traditional hormones + SRS options, and we do not have a dedicated place to dicuss this.

This may also mean that a dedicated forum for transitioning will no longer scare away those that fear that this will become yet another forum for "true transsexuals" only. 

This is why I suggest that we put up a new subformun called "The Pros and Cons of Transitioning".
Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Sep 29 16 2:39 PM

My thoughts:

I also like to think of this forum as a place for BOTH Transitioners and non-transitioners.  If you are now, or were once in the past, a crossdreamer this is the place for you.  And, I do think that a subforum for and about transitioning would definitely help make that clear.

THAT SAID, I would think a forum called "Pro and Cons of Transitioning" could be problematic for a few reasons.  Primarily, I say this because, to me, it sounds like that forum could be construed to be for talk others OUT of transitioning.  I think a better idea would be to name the forum something along the lines of:

"Transitioning and transitioned Crossdreamers: A place for those who have decided to live the dream and for the discussion of transitioning in general."

Or something along those lines.  There, you could possibly post a pinned thread called "Is transitioning right for me?" That thread could serve the function of being a place for people to list pros and cons without sounding like it is trying to be a place to talk people out of transitioning.

Either way, if such a forum is made, I think it needs to have a pinned rule that everyone should respect the decisions of others to transition or not transition.  That the forum is not to be a place to attack the very concept of transitioning or not transitioning.  I say this because otherwise I feel that we could very easily devolve into a place where people break down into tribalist factions that are constantly flaming each other.

I think the normal rules you already have listed make it clear that isn't allowed already, but I am just saying that having an extra note on that could help avoid problems.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 30 16 5:37 AM

"Transitioning and transitioned Crossdreamers: A place for those who have decided to live the dream and for the discussion of transitioning in general."

I think you are right. My proposal could be intepreted as anti-transitioning, and I wouldn't want that. Your proposal is so much better!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 4 16 6:15 AM

jackmolay wrote:

This may also mean that a dedicated forum for transitioning will no longer scare away those that fear that this will become yet another forum for "true transsexuals" only. 

i think CDL should seek to make it evident that the many crossdreamers who perceive their crossdreaming to be 'just sexual' are just as welcome here as anyone else, and that they will not be pressurised into identifying as more strongly trans. xx

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 4 16 10:08 AM

An interesting side question here would be whether crossdreaming actually survives transitioning. That is one question I have asked myself over the last several years. But I do find that much of the excitement and joy I get from transitioning is derived from seeing my physical reality more and more approximate my previous fantasies.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Oct 4 16 11:08 AM

Jack, As possibly the most visible transitioner in this forum, I have never felt it to be unwelcoming towards me, or any other transitioner. I am sure there are some here who can't relate at all to my experience, but I have always found this forum to be friendly and respectful of other's experiences.I think the bigger issue is the political correctness found in some part of the trans community in regards to the issue of sex. There are things I have discussed here, that I would be reluctant to bring up on Susans.org. This forum provides me the opportunity to be a lot more free and honest. I believe the biggest need is getting the message out that sex is a perfectly legit subject for all parts of the trans community

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help