Lead

Jul 22 16 5:32 AM

Tags : : ,

A good friend over at the Facebook Girlfag/Guydyke Group drew my attention to this archive of girlfag life stories and thoughts:

I Am a Gay Man Trapped In a Womans Body

Here is one of the comments, just to give you an example (signed vampyperson):
Ok so, im only 16. But i always knew something was different about me. Growing up, i always dressed like a boy until around 7th grade, then in 8th grade i just changed and started being way more girly. I cut my hair different, got my first serious boyfriend, start wearing dresses and actually caring about how i look. Now, as im about to start 11th grade, i finally think ive realized what i am. A gay guy, trapped in a girls body. Or, i wouldnt really say trapped. Because i dont hate my body. I dont want a penis. But this past summer ive started getting really involved with the LGBT community and all my LGBT friends say i care about gay rights more than they do. I always asked myself, why is that? My best best best friend is a gay man, though im not attracted to him i have been attracted to some of the guys hes dated. As of right now I look completely like a girl, a very feminine girl, but id like to change that. The only thing is i dont know how people at my school would react and it would be a huge change in my life that im not even sure would make me happier. I guess im just confused, but i know im not a regular girl.

By the way, do sign up for the GF/GD facebook group" if you can!
Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Jul 22 16 7:49 AM

There are obviously a lot of ways of being, and I think its understood we don't in this group criticise how anyone wants to be, and I stick by that - but this story confuses me.. Its possible to support gay rights even if one is not gay - Its possible to have gay friends if one isn't gay. Its possible to be attracted to gay people of the opposite gender even if one is straight (though obviously obe will be out of luck). I've known straight women who are in appearance quite butch.. good for them...

To me crosssdreaming is about desiring the body of the non-birth gender. When I cross dream I desire breasts and a vagina and having no penis. I'm not being prescriptive on myself as to how I live my life - I'd probably still work in IT or teach, the two professions I veer between.  I wouldn't suddely want to be a hairdresser (insert other trad female occupations in here). This person says they don't want a penis. OK, thats how they feel. so what is being said; they want to take on male 'roles' - that cool, roles shouldn't be so defined. Prefers wearing male clothes? Cool by me. I half feel I'm arguing myself into a corner here, and I'm actually trying not to be perscriptive at all, but the question, genuinely open question is, in what sense does this person want to be a man?

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 22 16 9:24 PM

Hi Pip,

You raise excellent points and of course I can't answer for her. But I felt a connection to what she said. I'm a lesbian woman trapped in a man's body. That said, I don't so much want a woman's body as much as the freedom and experience of being a woman. Although I cross dress from time to time in privacy and I enjoy a peace I can't otherwise achieve, I am not saying that I'd be satisfied if it was "publicly acceptable" for me to wear a dress and so forth to the mall. It just wouldn't be the same. I would not have grown up and experienced the totality of being a girl.

I'm afraid I'm rambling here. I just see a parallel between me and the 16 year old, as well as her natural questioning as a young woman.

My 2c,

Emma

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 23 16 4:56 AM

The girlfag/guydyke concept is not the same as the crossdreamer one, but they are overlapping. I have had a lot of discussions with people from the girlfag community over this, and they seem to agree with me, in the sense that for some girlfags the fantasies represents a deepfelt desire to be a gay male with a male body having  a sexual relationship with other men.

Still: While MTF crossdreamers normally focus more on the dream of having a female body and being female, many FTM girlfags will focus more on the desire to take on the male role in a gay male relationship. They do not necessarily dream of having a male body.  They focus more on the sexual dynamics between two men, than on the biological sex of the bodies involved.

In spite of this, I believe that most of them belong to the crossdreamer family. I have read some girlfag fiction (yaoi, slash etc.). These stories and comics do not focus on the transformation from female to male. The "female" reader identifies with one of the two men, without the need for a transformation plot. In this way the focus is more on the role playing, like in top/bottom, dominant/submissive, masculine/feminine.

To make this even more complicated: Many of them report that their attraction to gay men is not so much a matter of finding men who love men sexually attractive, but rather that they broadcast some kind of feminine vibes.

Some girlfags identify with the "bottom", others with the "top", but it is certainly true that many find room to explore a more agressive and dominant sexuality in this way.

The more I study this, the clearer it becomes to me that the following dimensions cannot be clearly separated when it comes to the whole "body/mind complex":

Biological sex
Experienced gender
Masculinity/feminity
Sexual submission/dominance

They are separate dimensions, but they interact in complex and upredictable ways in different people.

I also suspect that the reason crossdreaming is expressed differently among many of those assigned female at birth is caused by a different social and cultural context.

Anyway, if you have not read it already, I have written about girlfags over at my blog.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 23 16 9:37 PM

jackmolay wrote:
The girlfag/guydyke concept is not the same as the crossdreamer one, but they are overlapping. I have had a lot of discussions with people from the girlfag community over this, and they seem to agree with me, in the sense that for some girlfags the fantasies represents a deepfelt desire to be a gay male with a male body having  a sexual relationship with other men.

I still don't really get it. I'm a MtF crossdreamer who is attracted to women, has fantasies about being a woman with another woman, etc. Does that make me a guydyke? Or is there something specific to wanting to be gay/lesbian in particular? Are those two things even different?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 24 16 1:05 AM

I still don't really get it. I'm a MtF crossdreamer who is attracted to women, has fantasies about being a woman with another woman, etc. Does that make me a guydyke? Or is there something specific to wanting to be gay/lesbian in particular? Are those two things even different?

You might say that the gf/gd approach and the crossdreamer approaches are looking at the same phenomenon from two different angles.

The girlfag/guydyke approach is focused on sexual orientation: Wanting to be or take the role of a gay man or a lesbian woman. So yes, guydykes want to be a lesbian woman, not any woman.

The crossdreamer approach is more focused on the the body and some sense of identity. In your dreams you want to appear as or be a woman. There may be an erotic dimension to it, for sure, but whether you want to have sex with men or women is not the point.

This is why I say that the two concepts are overlapping, but not identical. The fact that they are not identical, though, has forced me to rethink my understanding more than one time. I am still working on that one.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 24 16 3:38 AM

Well I am physically male, and what sexuality I have is an attraction to women, but relationships never come my way; maybe bad luck, maybe my lowish sex drive and crossdreaming mean I just don't go looking for them.... But as a crossdreamer I 'want to be' a heterosexual woman.... Sex, and being desired as a sexual being in a way I don't feel I am as a male, are part but by no means the end of it.....

I feel we are getting a long way from the title of this thread, sorry

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 24 16 7:58 PM

The girlfag/guydyke approach is focused on sexual orientation: Wanting to be or take the role of a gay man or a lesbian woman. So yes, guydykes want to be a lesbian woman, not any woman.

The crossdreamer approach is more focused on the the body and some sense of identity. In your dreams you want to appear as or be a woman. There may be an erotic dimension to it, for sure, but whether you want to have sex with men or women is not the point.

Ummmmm.....I kind of felt I should add something to this thread even if I plan to devote the rest of my life to the priestly level of the MGTOW philosophy, as in no involvment with females, not even FTMs (or some kinds of MTFs for that matter).  There may be an overlap between gender identity and sexual orientation......for some ....unless there isn't........much.....for others.  To me, the sense of identity is the whole essence of my conciousness.  Love and marriage matter little.  It's why I can identity with monks and priests.  The body, in my case, that of a female, doesn't even matter.  Identifying with masculinity just wakes me up in the morning.  I find myself much calmer when I identify as a dude.  This calming effect is very powerful.  There's no sexual arousal connected to it.  I can still imagine a happy life married to a man though, but that is not the essence of my empowerment (and devilish behavior).  

I have found though, that lately, whenever I crossdream as a priestly knight, the calmness that I feel makes me speak softer and move more gracefully.  So, it's like this: when I think I'm a dude, I FEEL empowered to do anything, but I BEHAVE softly like an archetypical female.  Thus, feeling is one thing.  Behaving is another.  But it is through invoking the man in me first that caused these things to happen.  I have little arousal (so, androphilia exist NOT as neither is gynephilia), but I can still IMAGINE being happily married to a man.  My gesturing like a woman when I'm crossdreaming as a man is very interesting.  I think this is the "compensation" part of the brain working to balance things out.  Thinking about how overproduction of one hormone during fetal development can cause compensation of the "opposite sex" hormone is probably what I am feeling psychologically.  It's the subconsciousness balancing out the opposite thoughts of the consciousness.  So, it's like I'm this soft spoken female who walks like a soldier and smirks like a gay man, but without doing any of the nasty business of gay men.  

Last Edited By: lal2828 Aug 24 16 8:12 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 25 16 11:33 PM

I have found though, that lately, whenever I crossdream as a priestly knight, the calmness that I feel makes me speak softer and move more gracefully.  So, it's like this: when I think I'm a dude, I FEEL empowered to do anything, but I BEHAVE softly like an archetypical female.

Many MTF crossdreamers and crossdressers also report on the calm they feel when being allowed some kind of sign of the feminine. As you point out, it could be internal dreaming of being some kind. For crossdressers it may be some kind of hidden female garment (underwear). So even if they present as men, they nevertheless feel their own femininity affirmed in a way.

Fascinating, isn't it, this complex mix of dreams and apperance, symbols and emotions?

I think this is the "compensation" part of the brain working to balance things out.  

I suspect that this is also caused by social conditioning. You are punished for expressing masculinity, so your subconscious has some kind of subroutine that "corrects" this kind of behavior.

I am sure this is what happens in my own case.  I am not appearing "feminine" as regards mannerisms and looks. Tjhat does not stop that side of me frome seeping through, though. Many has told me that my behavior is feminine in the sense of being a patient, non-agressive, peace maker,

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 25 17 7:26 AM

I am gay man who would love to meet a girlfag.  

I do not think that I could date a girlfag, but I would love to have friends who are girlfags.

When I dated women, I dreamed about dating a masculine woman.

Last Edited By: harry2793 Apr 25 17 7:29 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help