#21 [url]

Aug 30 16 6:56 AM

I suspect some who knew well me before transition might have thought of me as showing some autistic traits. I wasn't particularly engaging with people, and kept to myself. I also appeared rather intellectual most of the time, absorbed mainly in rather arcane things. But in retrospect, I see a lot of that as part of an elaborate defense mechanism rooted in repression. I think I always harbored a lot insecurity about who I really was. I also felt that I had these very high goals, and saw certain aspects of my soul as being very inconsistent with achieving them. And I was very worried about exposing too much of myself to people because they would see through me. So I crafted this image of a very masculine quiet guy that was very competent and always in control, but really hard to get to know.

Quote    Reply   

#22 [url]

Aug 30 16 2:14 PM

Well yes and no, what I mean by blond bombshell archetype is not so much expressive femininity on the outside, which I agree is mostly an act you can cultivate or not. I mean it as more like ditsyness, as in lack of self-organisation, internal subconcious awareness of time/spatial topology, planning and coordination, which is not something you can just put on and off at will. 

If you've got the looks to go with it, and your parents don't mind too much, you can make something of a career as a bimbo / trophy wife, or at least a media personality with an agent, and find yourself a sugar daddy and nobody minds too much if you'd rather spend your time shopping and sunbathing so long as you look after yourself physically and are always up for sex when they want it. 

If you get stuck with an excess of testosterone as a teenager and have all that stubble and stuff and no boobs, well you're on your own. Then everyone expects you to somehow just learn all these other things so you can look after yourself, and you are expected to hold down a regular job and turn up to places on time and all that other adult responsibility stuff. ;-) 

Last Edited By: Xora Aug 31 16 3:58 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Aug 30 16 7:27 PM

April wrote:
I suspect some who knew well me before transition might have thought of me as showing some autistic traits. I wasn't particularly engaging with people, and kept to myself. I also appeared rather intellectual most of the time, absorbed mainly in rather arcane things. But in retrospect, I see a lot of that as part of an elaborate defense mechanism rooted in repression. I think I always harbored a lot insecurity about who I really was. I also felt that I had these very high goals, and saw certain aspects of my soul as being very inconsistent with achieving them. And I was very worried about exposing too much of myself to people because they would see through me. So I crafted this image of a very masculine quiet guy that was very competent and always in control, but really hard to get to know.
April, that makes perfect sense.

"I could have been wild and I could have been free 
But nature played this trick on me..."

-The Smiths

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Aug 30 16 7:32 PM

Xora wrote:
Well yes and no, what I mean by blond bombshell archetype is not so much expressive femininity on the outside, which I agree is mostly an act you can cultivate or not. I mean it as more like ditsyness, as in lack of self-organisation, awareness of time/topology, planning and coordination, which is not something you can just put on and off at will....

Then everyone expects you to somehow just learn all these other things so you can look after yourself, and you are expected to hold down a regular job and turn up to places on time and all that other adult responsibility stuff. ;-) 

Maybe my executive functioning problems are just ditsyness? ;-)

Yes, adult responsibility stuff sucks. No argument there. 

-The Smiths

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Aug 31 16 2:25 AM

Well yes, that's what I mean. If you're the next Anna Nicole Smith, you can get away with acting like Anna Nicole Smith, and any 'ditzyness' is just an endearing part of your overall personality, well at least when you are young and 'hot'.
Hmm, why does she remind me such a lot of Stephanie Hirst?

“It’s the best thing I have ever, ever done,” she tells me. “I didn’t feel like I was connected to the world all my life. I had this feeling of being disjointed from my life. The thing is, now I actually feel plugged in. I feel like someone’s plugged me in and switched me on. I’ve been me a month now. “I’m a month old.”

“I would have periods where I’d be fine then I’d crash and climb back up and everything would be fine and I’d crash again,” she says. “It was like someone constantly prodding you in the arm. It was always there and it got worse as I got older. It got to a point where I couldn’t deny it anymore. It was death or transition, absolutely.”Hirst tells me that she thinks this is why she threw herself into radio: “I was completely fulfilled in my work. That’s how I managed to get the fulfilment in life, I think. I was gluing bits of good stuff together so I could make myself feel better.”

If you have the same kind of brain as an Anna Nicole Smith type, but you're a male and so you're expected to hold down a regular job, and manage your own finances, and all that stuff, and you find you have great difficulty doing so, well you must have 'Executive Functioning' difficulties. 

Did Anna Nicole Smith have 'Executive Functioning' difficulties too? Well probably, but she wouldn't have ever been assessed for such, coz she made her money by pole dancing, and modelling, and the Hugh Hefner types that surrounded her were only too happy to take care of her finances for her, and she was happy to let them as it gave her more free time to concentrate on other more fun activities. Then at 26 she married an 89 year old millionaire, and did very well out of the deal, coz she didn't have to sleep with him much, and he popped his clogs a few months later leaving her lots of money. Win-win I guess.

Hmm, you don't think that the likes of Germain Greer might get a bit upset with me for seeing it like that? 
Of course, she was only being terribly exploited by the evil patriachy.. Strip clubs should be banned and all that..
It's funny, but you know, I think I quite enjoyed my brief stint as a pole dancer in SecondLife too, in my early 20s, 
though I've never been to a strip club in real life, because that kind of thing really doesn't do anything for me,
and maybe I'd much rather get to be on the other side of the fence/stage, whatever.
Actually I seem to recall I was quite 'appalled' when my friend told me he paid £90 to have someone give him a lap dance as a teenager, well obviously because it's 'wrong'.. (or because I wasn't invited?). I guess I'm just not very consistent about these things.

Then a lot of other very strange and nasty stuff happened to her, so I guess she was exploited by the patriachy after all, but then, aren't we all?

But even when I get to be 89, if I live that long, I'll likely not ever get to be a millionaire oil executive, and get to marry a 26-year-old supermodel, coz I'll probably still have those 'Executive Functioning' difficulties, and I probably won't have got to have done what I really wanted to do either, so that's a lose-lose for me.
Hmm, maybe I should try to be a professor after all.. people do seem to expect them to be a bit 'absent-minded', and if you claim to understand the ins and outs of string theory you maybe get to do the talk-show circuit too...

It's a better bet than just taking up knitting I guess.

Last Edited By: Xora Aug 31 16 4:10 AM. Edited 5 times.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Aug 31 16 5:33 AM

Xora, you don't have the same kind of brain that Anna Nicole Smith had. I doubt if she could have composed the kind of web forum posts that you can. :-)

-The Smiths

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Aug 31 16 10:10 AM

Well I just have a lot of memory, but not a lot of 'common sense', whatever that is. High estrogen making me subconciously bimbo-esque MTF and also high testosterone making me uber-intellectualising/developmentally delayed, or something like that. About as far as a human ought to go in either direction, and not both at once. You'd be surprised how many pairs of shoes and computer bags I seem to end up accumulating.
So doing stuff like this is really fun for me, but it isn't what I'm supposed to be working on right now, and I'm not very good at the ol' self-control thingy.

Actually I only just figured out that the Howard K. Stern guy who was featured in the famous video, wasn't the same person as Howard A. Stern the famous shock-jock DJ. I thought that was pretty wierd. 

So she married the billionaire former oil exec to get at his money, and then the lawyer representing her in the probate debacle hooked up with her to get at hers? 
There has to be a better way of making a living, doesn't there?

Last Edited By: Xora Aug 31 16 10:22 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Aug 31 16 12:45 PM

mutanmion wrote:

Xora wrote:Well basically we have the same core personality as the people that look the same as us, in terms of drives and desires and emotional responses. But certain kinds of personalities are considered more suitable for people with one kind of anatomy than they are for people with the other kind. If you have the personality of a blond bombshell type, but you are born with a penis, well you just aren't allowed to behave like that. You either have to adapt and mask your true desires, or continue behaving like that and risk being locked up as a psychopath.

"If you have the personality of a blond bombshell type, but you are born with a penis, well you just aren't allowed to behave like that. " This isn't true, many gay men I've met are this way, at least part of the time. image

Even if they weren't allowed to behave like that in their families and childhood communities, they found places and ways to do this. Some of them are called drag queens, and even get to have their own TV shows here in the States, e.g. Ru Paul (who is not blonde, but you get the point). Some drag queens even get to become university professors— I've met a couple....

Interesting angle here. I tend to agree with both of you in part. Society does seem to need people fitting into specific boxes. If one part of you doesn't reconcile with the rest, the result is dissoance for others. But there are always subcultures where the rules seem to get flipped, and yes, the LGBT world has plenty of that. I have been around enough gay men to understand a little bit how they flirt.Many take up the girl role fairly easily, and they are not all very feminine pretty boys. I have also noticed that they can switch back and forth between masculine and feminine flirting on a dime.

Yet I also think that how one physcially appears does influence what people expect of you. And it is real easy to subcounciously play into that. The people around you are always putting you in their particular box, and it's just easier to go along. Much of the trans community has a lot of trouble with a trans girl drawing too much attention to herself, particularlly displaying her hard won new sexuality.There is a lot of pressure to blend in by being rather non descript. The goal is to be feminine but a rather Plain Jane version. This is particularly true of late transitioners. They expect you to keep up the standards of the community, regardless of how you really are inside. Of course, I don't spend a lot of time with those people.    

A

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Aug 31 16 2:07 PM

April wrote:
mutanmion wrote:
"If you have the personality of a blond bombshell type, but you are born with a penis, well you just aren't allowed to behave like that. " This isn't true, many gay men I've met are this way, at least part of the time. image

Even if they weren't allowed to behave like that in their families and childhood communities, they found places and ways to do this. Some of them are called drag queens, and even get to have their own TV shows here in the States, e.g. Ru Paul (who is not blonde, but you get the point). Some drag queens even get to become university professors— I've met a couple....

Interesting angle here. I tend to agree with both of you in part. Society does seem to need people fitting into specific boxes. If one part of you doesn't reconcile with the rest, the result is dissoance for others. But there are always subcultures where the rules seem to get flipped, and yes, the LGBT world has plenty of that. I have been around enough gay men to understand a little bit how they flirt.Many take up the girl role fairly easily, and they are not all very feminine pretty boys. I have also noticed that they can switch back and forth between masculine and feminine flirting on a dime.

Yet I also think that how one physcially appears does influence what people expect of you. And it is real easy to subcounciously play into that. The people around you are always putting you in their particular box, and it's just easier to go along. Much of the trans community has a lot of trouble with a trans girl drawing too much attention to herself, particularlly displaying her hard won new sexuality.There is a lot of pressure to blend in by being rather non descript. The goal is to be feminine but a rather Plain Jane version. This is particularly true of late transitioners. They expect you to keep up the standards of the community, regardless of how you really are inside. Of course, I don't spend a lot of time with those people.    

A
April, you've posted here before about being pressured by other transwomen to be more nondescript, haven't you? My take on such things has always been that it's all about reducing risk—the more glaringly gender non-conforming someone is, the greater the possibility that they and the people they are associating with would be targets for violence, ridicule, harassment, rejection, etc. The folks doing the pressuring are scared.

-The Smiths

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Aug 31 16 4:35 PM

mutanmion, I most certainly do get it. Most trans live in much more repressed environments than I do. And many are much more motivated than I to keep some connections to their past lives. I suspect a lot of them are actually pretty conservative in a social sense, and dream of being seen as mainstream, but they end up feeling the hate that goes along with being labeled a non conforming fringe minority. And I do understand that there is a legitimate fear associated with all that. I believe that fear has gotten internalized inside the trans community, with all sorts of consequences.

Among them is the idea of the trans as a noble victim. In other words, trans people are just like everybody else except they have a mind and body that just don't match. Fix that, and they truely will be like everybody else. The footprints of that idea can be even found in the Benjamin Standards that still have some sway over trans treatment.

But this idea has also impacted the trans community identity; which has unwritten rules about what fits with it, and what doesn't. It is almost like there is a test one has to pass to be a "serious trans". Of course, different people see the rules differently, but it all feels a lot like religious dogma, where there are even some self appointed people who see themselves as akin to the Spanish Inquisition to enforce trans dogma. I am actually not kidding here; I have caught their wrath a few times.

The objective is to create a sanctified image of a "true transsexual". These people believe that if they can get the messaging just right, the larger public will accept the trans condition - of a few abiding trans, anyway. There is much they seem willing to believe, do or say, to make that reality. Sex is something that has no place in the serious trans discussion. A true trans is interested only in passing, going stealth, and then disappearing as quickly as possible back into the mainstream of society. Any trans who voluntarily draws unnecessary attention to them self is a danger to the entire community, and should be promptly isolated. There is one other thing I have noticed: A lot of trans people who have internalized these ideas don’t find a lot of affinity between the narrow trans community and the broader LGBT community. They see their situation as completely different, and often more noble.

Frankly, while I perfectly understand what is behind all of this, l think trans people are poorly served by it. Gay people have gained ground, not by trying to operate under the radar, but by making their case openly, honestly, and forcibly. They are saying, “This is who I am, live with it”. It appears to me that trans people are still trying to operate half in the closet. I honestly don't believe they will ever gain the favor the phobics that way. Beyond that, it isn't really free at all. One tyranny has been replaced with another. I didn’t do this just to become a woman; I did this to be all that I am. Just because I am trans, I will not place limits on my life elsewhere just to accomodate that. But then again, I am really comfortable as an outlier. Not all people are wired like me.

Last Edited By: April Aug 31 16 5:45 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Aug 31 16 5:20 PM

I guess I have a very deep-seated aversion to being 'caught out' still built in, so I'm giving the whole over-the-top drag queen thing a miss, maybe I'm mostly past that stage now anyway. To me coming to terms with being trans is about a kind of self-awareness at much deeper level than just what clothes you wear, thought that might be all that other people see it as. Ru Paul sees himself as more as a performer of femininity, and seemingly has no interest in SRS or he would have done it by now. I don't think I can do male flirting at all, it just isn't something I can mentally access, and female flirting is something I'm pretty inexperienced with.

Much as I'd like to be free to vamp it up now and again, I don't think I ever aspired to that kind of an over-the-top personality (or figure..) 
As a teenager my role models were more "down to earth" like this. [url]

So someone like Andreja Pejic, who may have started off as a male model of female clothing, but eventually got to the stage where she decided that she would rather that people just saw her as a woman, even if it meant losing some of her modelling contracts for not being so 'unusual', seems more my line.

I think if I live to 80+ I'd rather get to the stage of being someone like Maria Montessori I guess. More elegant, self-contained, with a lot to say but no someone who could be accused of dragging other people down or just parodying other people without walking in their shoes. 

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Aug 31 16 6:25 PM

April wrote:
But this idea has also impacted the trans community identity; which has unwritten rules about what fits with it, and what doesn't. It is almost like there is a test one has to pass to be a "serious trans". Of course, different people see the rules differently, but it all feels a lot like religious dogma, where there are even some self appointed people who see themselves as akin to the Spanish Inquisition to enforce trans dogma. I am actually not kidding here; I have caught their wrath a few times.

The objective is to create a sanctified image of a "true transsexual". These people believe that if they can get the messaging just right, the larger public will accept the trans condition - of a few abiding trans, anyway. There is much they seem willing to believe, do or say, to make that reality. Sex is something that has no place in the serious trans discussion. A true trans is interested only in passing, going stealth, and then disappearing as quickly as possible back into the mainstream of society. Any trans who voluntarily draws unnecessary attention to them self is a danger to the entire community, and should be promptly isolated. There is one other thing I have noticed: A lot of trans people who have internalized these ideas don’t find a lot of affinity between the narrow trans community and the broader LGBT community. They see their situation as completely different, and often more noble...

This kind of politics is part of why I resisted thinking of myself as trans for so long. So many minority communities have arguments about who is an insider and who is an outsider, and also have their own dogmatic fundamentalists who insist on creating rules to include, exclude and excommunicate people. I identify as non-binary or gender variant. If the fairly inclusive politics in the parts of the trans world that I've encountered were to change once again and begin to rigidly exclude gender variant people like myself from the transgender "umbrella", I would be happy to abandon thinking of myself as trans and affiliate with other gender variant people. I think of cross-dreaming as a form of gender variance. 

Taking the words literally, I think that gender variance is a much more expansive umbrella to fit under, and that transgender/transsexual is actually a subset of gender variance. Again, taking the words literally, to me, gender nonconformity is the biggest umbrella of all—it includes so many gay men, bisexual people, lesbians, self-identified queers, non binary/genderqueer/gender variant people, transgender people of all sorts, lots of intersex people and even many "straight" people. I like big, inclusive umbrellas and spectrums, which is why I like the big alphabet soup acronyms like LGBTQIA. :-)

I think this Youtube non-binary vlogger has a delightful spin on this subject.

-The Smiths

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Sep 25 16 9:55 AM

Well, since the old forum has vanished into the ether, this seems about as good a place as any to keep posting new links.

Looks like they are still doing really expensive 'research' into the problem, so they may get there one day.

Sex differences in autism: a resting-state fMRI investigation of functional brain connectivity in males and females

I could probably have told them what they were going to find, but it's nice to see it confirmed.

Males with autism have more female brains (underconnectivity?), females with autism have more male brains (overconnectivity?).

or

MTF girls born with penises often get diagnosed with autism first, and FTM boys with vaginas also often get diagnosed with autism,

depending on which way around you want to see it.. ;-)

It's just the natural sexually-dimorphic differences in volumes of grey and white matter in the brain that have somehow got switched around.

Well basically MTF brains are like slower developing cis-female brains, you gradually pack in an awful lot more data as you slowly reach full maturity over the first 30-40 years of your life, then you turn around and spit that data back out at other (younger?) people, through your chosen mode of expression, and they think you are some kind of a 'wizard', whereas perhaps your parents generation only saw you as very slow learner and an emotionally troubled youth.

Last Edited By: Xora Oct 3 16 4:03 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Oct 2 16 3:37 AM

Xora wrote:
Well yes and no, what I mean by blond bombshell archetype is not so much expressive femininity on the outside, which I agree is mostly an act you can cultivate or not. I mean it as more like ditsyness, as in lack of self-organisation, internal subconcious awareness of time/spatial topology, planning and coordination, which is not something you can just put on and off at will. 

If you've got the looks to go with it, and your parents don't mind too much, you can make something of a career as a bimbo / trophy wife, or at least a media personality with an agent, and find yourself a sugar daddy and nobody minds too much if you'd rather spend your time shopping and sunbathing so long as you look after yourself physically and are always up for sex when they want it. 

If you get stuck with an excess of testosterone as a teenager and have all that stubble and stuff and no boobs, well you're on your own. Then everyone expects you to somehow just learn all these other things so you can look after yourself, and you are expected to hold down a regular job and turn up to places on time and all that other adult responsibility stuff. ;-) 

Wow, Xora, that was about the best description of myself, and a key aspect of my life, I have ever read!

When it comes down to it, I'm really just a bimbo. Not a blonde bimbo perhaps, but a bimbo brunette, all the same. image

I would love to have some big guy in a tuxedo "take care of" my finances (and income), as long as I'm relieved from any sort of responsibilty, and could go on doing things I like to do. Like for instance swinging around a chrome dance pole, strutting my stuff and showing off my ass. No, really, I'd go much further than that if nicely told, and quite frankly, I wouldn't mind at all.

I have a bimbo brain.

But I didn't get the body and sex to go with it. So we have been stuck all these years trying to act "intellectual" in order to cover up our essential bimboitis by blaming it on being "scatter brained" (like all professor types - well, how convenient!), while in reality it's just our dreamy and essentially irresponsible bimbo minds aimlessly wandering around. No wonder growing up and learning how to "look after yourself" was HARD.

When what I really wanted all along, and still want, is simply just protection.

And I'm not even that intelligent, I have come to realize over the years. But I'm beyond caring. I know my paradise is just over the horizon a few decades away, so what does it matter? I'm a bimbo and I know what I need. And it isn't brains.

Last Edited By: Monique Oct 2 16 8:36 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Oct 2 16 4:14 AM

This is my favourite image of Anna Nicole, by the way:

I'm sure she has a bang-up time right now, far away from any malicious creep to prey on her (nice creeps is another matter of course ;-) ). And we even seem to share some common taste for excellently bad style. image

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Oct 2 16 9:13 PM

Males with autism have more female brains (underconnectivity?), females with autism have more male brains (overconnectivity?).

or

MTF girls with born penises often get diagnosed with autism first, and FTM boys with vaginas also often get diagnosed with autism,

depending on which way around you want to see it.. ;-)

It's just the natural sexually-dimorphic differences in volumes of grey and white matter that have somehow got switched around.

YES.  The MTF and the FTM are almost the same creature.  
Well basically MTF brains are like slower developing cis-female brains, you gradually pack in an awful lot more data as you slowly reach full maturity over the first 30-40 years of your life, then you turn around and spit that data back out at other (younger?) people, through your chosen mode of expression, and they think you are some kind of a 'wizard', whereas perhaps your parents generation only saw you as very slow learner and an emotionally troubled youth.

Empathy on the first 40 years and spitting out data like a wizard.  

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Oct 3 16 4:56 AM

Well yes, it depends on what you mean by empathy. It's like we don't get shown much empathy by those around us our own age growing up, and maybe we get all defensive and don't give much back at that stage either, or we just go off and do our own thing and ignore everyone else. But when we've figured out our shit we do tend to show a lot of empathy towards those younger than us when we are older and wiser. 

I think that is in essense what the world religions are about, before they get stupidly corrupted by misunderstandings and virtue signalling and indulgence selling and power hoarding and excessive numbers of pointless rules, and draconian punishments and all that usual crap. 

The slow hormonal lifespan of the late-onset MTF and FTM is the real arc of the covernant. It's not some big box with angels on the top carried through the desert and hidden away in a physical building called a temple only to be viewed by members of the holier-than-thou priestly caste.

Hmm..

All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. 

At first, the infant, (age 0-7)
Mewling and puking in the nurse’s arms.
Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel (age 7-16)
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. 

And then the lover, (age 16-35)
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress’ eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon’s mouth. 

And then the justice, (age 35-50?)
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. 

The sixth age shifts (age 50-70)
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. 

Last scene of all, (age 70+)
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

Shakespeare obviously isn't describing the life of an Alpha male stud there, he's describing the life of a Gamma male. 

The autism 'spectrum disorder' is what ought to keep humanity on the right track through successive ages, provided each generation teaches the next the right things and doesn't lose sight of the things that really matter in translation. Otherwise it just becomes a cargo cult religion and quickly becomes gradually irrelevant because you know, obviously science disproves the story of Noah's flood, and the dinosaurs disprove genesis, so it must all be a bunch of useless myths, and those useless 'aspies' have to be given expensive behavioural treatment so that they become fully socially competent hyper-productive corporate drones, http://timetolisten.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/indistinguishable-from-peers.html, and just like everyone else. 
You just can't let your precious precocious 'genius' son go around telling people he is actually a lesbian with a penis, or anything really freaky like that, even if essentially xe is.
imageimage

Why won't anybody think of the children? ;-)
imageimage
Beards are just so old fashioned anyway, nowadays we have our midlife crisis thingy and decide to grow boobs instead..
and just maybe, by taking that route, we'll find we're still going strong well beyond our 70s?
imageimage
Now that's quite sexy..

Last Edited By: Xora Oct 3 16 9:25 AM. Edited 9 times.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Oct 3 16 12:03 PM

Oh I so wish I could be trashy, just for a bit, without looking completely ridiculous or getting beaten up.

Once upon a time, many years ago, I so wanted to be able to go out looking like this. 
imageimage

Or just let loose a bit of the psycho bitch I seem to have bottled up inside, just sometimes...
imageimageimage
What's is empathy anyway? I really don't care..
imageimageimage
imageimage

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Oct 3 16 8:10 PM

Well yes, it depends on what you mean by empathy. 

(Aaaahhhhhh.....I'm trying to seem like a nice person.......at least, in my writing, Xora.  image)

What I mean by empathy is that I completely understand what you were saying about the brain.  What you described about yourself describes me in much the same way.  Others may not see the over-activity in some of our brains.  On the surface, it may not seem like much is filtering into the brain to most people.  Behavior of this individual seems inactive, but the brain is absorbing the world around him or her.  In 40 or so years, this individual is spitting back all of the data that was absorbed over the years.  And I'm finding that the knowledge absorbed moves into many different subjects like art, music, math, the respectable natural sciences, as well as the dreaded social sciences.  It may be this over-active brain that paradoxically stalls the person from being socially active on the outside.  

By the way, Simon Baron-Cohen is the director (I think) of clinical psychology at some place in England.  He wrote a book about empathy (I read the whole thing), and how when people don't have it, not praised for showing it, or not corrected for bullying, then another Holocaust is bound to happen.  He is the cousin of Sascha Baron-Cohen, would you believe?  

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help