#3 [url]

Apr 29 16 2:20 PM

It does that sometimes Alex for me... does it do it all the time for you. I'm usually OK second time

Also, if you arrive and you are the only one there, I find I have to say something to an empty room, otherwise after bout 10 minutes I'm logged off - but secretly, like the room still looks there to me but actually nothing I say shows up

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 3 16 3:49 PM

I've stopped camping out in the Chat room as I used to because hardly anyone is ever there. I go there when Eva and I agree to meet there by message, but she is on holiday now for a while...

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 6 16 12:01 AM

Well, occasionally I did... if people only go i their if someone else is there, either someone needs to be the forst or 2 or more people have to arrange to meet by message

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 8 16 4:03 AM

I have to find a way of being there at the right time. I am on Central European Time, which means that when some of you North Americans get active, I am ready to go to bed. And I am working most of the day.

Should we agree on a "best time to log on"? I guess that would have to be when the European and American waking time overlap somehow. (Yes, I know that might leave out our Asian and Oceanian brothers and sisters....)

Here is an example of the time difference between Central Europe and the American East Coast:

Location Local time Time zone UTC offset
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) 20:00:00 CEST (8 pm) UTC+2 hours
New York (USA - New York) 2016, 14:00:00 (2 pm) EDT UTC-4 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) 18:00:00 (6 pm)

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 8 16 3:40 PM

In the UK we are currently one hours ahead of GMT  - what we call BST or British Summer time,., and so one hour behind Berlin - or Norway - time

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

May 9 16 7:48 PM

jackmolay wrote:
Here is an example of the time difference between Central Europe and the American East Coast:

Location Local time Time zone UTC offset
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) 20:00:00 CEST (8 pm) UTC+2 hours
New York (USA - New York) 2016, 14:00:00 (2 pm) EDT UTC-4 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) 18:00:00 (6 pm)

and those of us on the American west coast (California, Oregon, Washington) are an additional 3 hours (UTC-7) behind the east coast, so we're at 11 am PDT in your example.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

May 11 16 6:49 AM

Central Europe? You mean, it's not a palace in the clouds over the fjords? 

We are very proud to share the same time zone as the eternal capital Rome etc. etc.

I was just trying to identify a time where Europeans and Americans could meet without too much hazzle.

I am extremely busy for the next couple of weeks, but would love to set up a meet in the chat room.

Maybe we should select a topic to get us started?

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:44 AM

Well, I've ried in each of 4 Browsers, and I've tried restarting my machine; I'm just being told the chatroom address can't be found, or is busy

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:48 AM

Well, I've tried in each of 4 Browsers, and I've tried restarting my machine; I'm just being told the chatroom address can't be found, or is busy

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Sep 4 16 1:57 AM

I will let the Lefora people know about the chat room problems.

I have also noticed that sometimes you will be disconnected from the chat room while chatting. If you log in again, however, things will normally start working again.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help