#21 [url]

Mar 19 16 11:33 PM

I would have to say, matches my epoch. But frozen in time. I will always be mid-20th Century. The absolute "golden age" of fashion,  with an occasional temporal shift to the 80's. Totally big hair! I can't carbon date the woman living between my ears. She leaves clues. They look like this. I choose to answer the question by addressing what my archetype for what the image of a "woman" should be. Behavior based on a persons age can be problematical. I am becoming a child again. It is as inevitable as the wheel of the Universe turning.



 image

My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we *can* suppose. J.B.S. Haldane

Last Edited By: VeronicaBeta Mar 19 16 11:35 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#22 [url]

Mar 25 16 1:03 PM

In my case it's really weird.

First off, I never look older than 24. On the other hand, dream-wise, I tend to have a teenage daughter, which would make me at least 35. Sometimes I have a whole family, husband and all, including a 12-year old son who is very attached to his mother. Sometimes, instead I have a pimp... ;)

And sometimes, I'm just the maternal bitch dominatrix taking loving care of all my little leather hooded piggie slaves who are actually pretty big and chubby. (Why do I love big, chubby men so much?) I guess those days my age can reach all the way up to my RL current one, which is around 46 and I might even grow a few additional curves.

That's without even going into the psychological age of my female self, which I've discovered with some embarrassment seems hardly beyond idol poster on the wall-age. In other words, pretty immature. At least by judging from the music links I've been posting in this community. So yeah, I'm joining the choir claiming arrested female development, which I'm totally gonna blame for everything. ;)

To top it off, if you want to know who Monique is pretty much alike as a personality, you could do worse than to think.. tada... Joan Collins. Who else? I mean, when it comes down to it, she's been role-model of mine ever since adolescence, back in the lovely golden 80's. ;)

image

And as you all know as well, for a long time she used to be one of those celebrities who had the peculiar habit of never seeming to actually age very much at all. I wonder what that means...

Last Edited By: Monique Mar 25 16 1:07 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Mar 25 16 1:27 PM

VeronicaBeta wrote:
I would have to say, matches my epoch. But frozen in time. I will always be mid-20th Century. The absolute "golden age" of fashion,  with an occasional temporal shift to the 80's.

 

Mid 20th century with a sprinkle of 80's, oh yes indeed!

Preach it, sister! Preach it!

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Mar 28 16 4:51 AM

Maturity

You bring up some good points., I have been in therapy for some time now with my sexuality and now trsnsition. I felt guilty and "weird" about going through my phases. The most important thing to remember is that once we come to terms with our sexuality we will go through our own process of becoming a woman in a short period of time. I look back at pictures of myself from 5-7 years ago and laugh at myself the way a woman looks at heself as a teen. The slutty dress, too much make up etc. My fasion and make up have run the full gammet. II am middle age and am lucky to appear @ 7-10 years longer thsn I am.  I now find it a fun challenge dressing "age appropriate" and remaining sexy and classy for work and everyday life. I will never dress "frumpy" or boring but I now dress as any normal woman would while shopping etc. and I blend right in. We all dream of walking down the street and not blending in.  Our clothes and outer appearance is the first impression we present. 

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Apr 25 16 7:35 PM

Well, I'm role playing as a young college girl in Second Life right now, so I tend to think of my inner woman as the same age (19). She's essentially a "new" adult trying to figure out how the world works. I'm twice that age in real life (38).

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Apr 28 16 1:20 PM

Kippi is younger. She's also rooted in the mid-20th Century girl, like some of you. But she leans toward a more informal, natural look. She's a sweater girl!

image

No, that's not me.  But I wish!

Last Edited By: Kippi May 11 16 3:43 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

May 11 16 3:03 PM

You know, I was 20 years old before I had the faintest idea that not every male-bodied person wished to be a girl. It only made sense to me that because I felt this way, it was so OBVIOUS that everyone would think of themselves as really being/preferring to be a girl.

I'm not sure what my male age is or my female age. But just because in some ways I was repressed doesn't mean I was not also developing during all that time, becoming mature in my experiences, my worldview, my attitudes.

“Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used to be. But a great artist--a master--and that is what Auguste Rodin was--can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is . . . and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be . . . and more than that, he can make anyone with the sensitivity of an armadillo, or even you, see that this lovely young girl is still alive, not old and ugly at all, but simply prisoned inside her ruined body."

― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

What about artists and cross-dreamers? Anyone can see the beautiful woman inside of Laverne Cox (and outside of Laverne Cox)..... but what about, you know the second Wachowski sister just came out as trans.

In this article: "http://variety.com/2016/film/news/andy-wachowski-transgender-lilly-1201725853/" Look at the second photograph, of the two Wachowskis. You see Lana, already well into transition, but behind her is the other one, overweight and bald.

I'd love to see a master artist who could make us see the beautiful woman inside of the person in that picture. Because if you could show that, I think a lot of people would also be forced to look at themselves and peope around them differently.

Maybe that's what transitioning/crossenacting/etc is, BEING that artist. I think that's very important.

--Lyra

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Oct 10 16 10:41 PM

I often wonder to myself, if I could magically become Josie, and I had the choice, at what age would I want to begin my experience? I dream about various ages; starting the whole experience from birth, being little and getting to experience being "daddy's little girl," being adolescent and experiencing puberty as a girl, experience high school from a girl's perspective, or leaving for college and venturing off into my first taste of adulthood. Mostly I think of myself in my 20s, a decade younger than I am now, still young but established as an adult. The nice thing about fantasy is being able to be or do what I want depending on what mood I'm in. Sometimes, for some reason, I like the idea of being a more mature woman having a teenage or college age daughter. Maybe I like the idea of being the experienced one and mentoring her into womanhood. I'm not sure. More often than not, I'm in my 20s.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Oct 11 16 3:02 AM

I would like to start in or before my early 20's..... I'm not sure 100% I'd want to go through childhood again but hey if that was a part of the 'deal' I wouldn't say no

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Oct 14 16 11:57 AM

Like many, my feminine persona is younger than my male self, though not by many years. In a sense, she appears to be ageless, although on the upper side of 30. I think that you (JustEva) and Jack have summarised my thoughts well on why there's often a gap in age-identity between our male and female sides – the female has all too often not had as many opportunities to express herself or to grow as has the male.

Still, I've realised (somewhat disappointedly and belatedly) that if I go out in public and want any chance of passing, I need to dress age-appropriately. This doesn't necessarily mean dressing my male age, but I really couldn't get away with looking like a 20 year-old any more! I'm coming to accept that there will be some expressions of Anya that time has passed by. For example, I can no longer imagine being a schoolgirl - I perhaps had my chance during my adolescent years, but that was never realised. To dress that way now (for me, although maybe not for others) just wouldn't feel authentic, or indeed, continue to hold attraction for me.

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Oct 14 16 2:08 PM

Very good question. My inner woman is younger that my biological age, that is for sure. But beyond that I have very little idea.
She wants to express herself like she is in early 20s, but her perception of the world says, that she is in her 30s.

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

Oct 14 16 10:34 PM

When it comes down to it, I guess the age of my inner female is actually 28. No more and no less.

Though where we belong there really is no time, so you can stay your own age forever. You can even go back in time and repeat a sequence just as it happened, and forward again, grow up and back again, have children, who might be kids or teenagers, and still forever remain 28!

Kisses y'all
Monique

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Oct 14 16 10:38 PM

Kippi wrote:
Kippi is younger. She's also rooted in the mid-20th Century girl, like some of you. But she leans toward a more informal, natural look. She's a sweater girl!

image

No, that's not me.  But I wish!

Vivacious Kippi is very pretty. She reminds me a lot of my daughter. Mwuah!

Kisses
Moniqe

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Oct 21 16 3:04 PM

I'm also a Second Life person! JeryWilson in Second Life. I am the same age as real life now. However, it has been an evolution beginning in my teens and working out my sexuality. Until I began to mature and now am the Fabulous Fifties woman!! hehehe Who says "mature" women can't be bouncy, fun and wear bright colors?!

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Oct 22 16 11:10 AM

JeryWilson wrote:
I'm also a Second Life person! JeryWilson in Second Life. I am the same age as real life now. However, it has been an evolution beginning in my teens and working out my sexuality. Until I began to mature and now am the Fabulous Fifties woman!! hehehe Who says "mature" women can't be bouncy, fun and wear bright colors?!

Hm, okay, so by "fabulous fifties woman" you mean you're a woman in her fifties rather than a woman in the fifties?

Cool with some originality. Most would just go for youth and beauty. Like, for instance... ehrm... myself. image

"We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting."

- Khalil Gibran


If I cannot be a feminine traditional woman, what's the point of being a woman?

- Me

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Oct 22 16 12:18 PM

I have been fortunate to live just outside Scottsdale Arizona, which I have read has more plastic surgeons per square mile than any other place on the planet. It's full of baby boomer women who are seeking to hold onto their youthful sexuality as much as they can. There are a lot of very sexy women in their 50s, 60s, and even 70s here. Observing all that had a major impact on my decision to transition.

Quote    Reply   

#37 [url]

Oct 22 16 2:09 PM

April wrote:
I have been fortunate to live just outside Scottsdale Arizona, which I have read has more plastic surgeons per square mile than any other place on the planet. It's full of baby boomer women who are seeking to hold onto their youthful sexuality as much as they can. There are a lot of very sexy women in their 50s, 60s, and even 70s here. Observing all that had a major impact on my decision to transition.

*lol*

So Scottsdale is some kind of wealthy desperate housewife suburb, Arizona style? image

I like that.

Indeed, holding on to your youth for as long as possible is an international trait of the Boom generation. Forever young. Same in the US as over here, apparently. In other words, the 60's and 70's must have been a great time to be a young adult in. We Xers never felt the world belonged to us or was our oyster precisely, so we and old age looming I guess are more like, "yeah, whatever".

"We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting."

- Khalil Gibran


If I cannot be a feminine traditional woman, what's the point of being a woman?

- Me

Last Edited By: Monique Oct 22 16 2:47 PM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   

#38 [url]

Oct 22 16 2:41 PM

Lyrahuntress wrote:
You know, I was 20 years old before I had the faintest idea that not every male-bodied person wished to be a girl. It only made sense to me that because I felt this way, it was so OBVIOUS that everyone would think of themselves as really being/preferring to be a girl.







 

Wow, that's me too in adolescence one hundred percent! For example, I remember around age 12, me and a friend used to sort of watch the movie Caligula, not to mention Caligula and Messalina (film critics would doubtless find that piece of unadultered trash even worse!), a lot on video together. Well, certain special scenes at least. image

I just couldn't phantom that anyone would ever fantasize about being but someone of the beautiful and lecherously depraved women in those movies. It was the same with comix, made for TV 80's vulgarity, music videos, and well, reality as well.

"We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting."

- Khalil Gibran


If I cannot be a feminine traditional woman, what's the point of being a woman?

- Me

Last Edited By: Monique Oct 22 16 3:17 PM. Edited 7 times.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

Oct 22 16 6:26 PM

Monique wrote:

JeryWilson wrote:
I'm also a Second Life person! JeryWilson in Second Life. I am the same age as real life now. However, it has been an evolution beginning in my teens and working out my sexuality. Until I began to mature and now am the Fabulous Fifties woman!! hehehe Who says "mature" women can't be bouncy, fun and wear bright colors?!

Hm, okay, so by "fabulous fifties woman" you mean you're a woman in her fifties rather than a woman in the fifties?

Cool with some originality. Most would just go for youth and beauty. Like, for instance... ehrm... myself. image

LOL yes a woman in her fifties who is fablulous! I know many fifty plus women in real life who are rocking the body and hair and confidence :) In Second Life everyone is young looking but once you chat with them, most times it becomes apparent which generation they belong too. There are those old souls though too.

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

Oct 23 16 12:16 AM

JeryWilson wrote:

Monique wrote:

JeryWilson wrote:
I'm also a Second Life person! JeryWilson in Second Life. I am the same age as real life now. However, it has been an evolution beginning in my teens and working out my sexuality. Until I began to mature and now am the Fabulous Fifties woman!! hehehe Who says "mature" women can't be bouncy, fun and wear bright colors?!

Hm, okay, so by "fabulous fifties woman" you mean you're a woman in her fifties rather than a woman in the fifties?

Cool with some originality. Most would just go for youth and beauty. Like, for instance... ehrm... myself. image

LOL yes a woman in her fifties who is fablulous! I know many fifty plus women in real life who are rocking the body and hair and confidence :) In Second Life everyone is young looking but once you chat with them, most times it becomes apparent which generation they belong too. There are those old souls though too.

Oh, I love it! I've always had a thing for the mature, stable, maternal side of femininity.

In my scenario it plays out a little differently though. My dream setting often includes having kids, from around age 12 up to almost grown, say 19. I would love to be this ravishing mother figure, nurturing, taking care of and loving my children. (Grown men are often just kids inside too in fact, needing a maternal love bumper who understands them!) So, biologically speaking, that could easily place me as a woman in her 40's or 50's. None the less, I would never look a day older than 28!

That's because where these dreams play out is not of this world. Indeed, where I belong, everyone in outer appearence would look exactly the age that feels precisely right for them, no matter how old an "old soul" might happen to be. image

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help