Lead

Feb 27 16 1:22 AM

Tags : :

Emma and I have been discussing the possibility of making a new ebook anthology of crossdreamer and relevant transgender writings. This could be a book that brings together both existing texts (blogposts and forum entires) and new ones on crossdreaming and gender variance.

Such a book would, for instance, be of use for newcomers looking for an overview of the crossdreamer debate. You can find a lot by reading blogs and forum entries, but it takes time to find the essential.

If we were very ambitious we could go for a "real" book with a real publisher, but we both agree that none of us has the time needed for such a project.  (If you can help us here, let is know!!!) Maybe we can start with an ebook an see if a publisher is interested after this.

The idea is to make the ebook "non-profit", by asking for a price that only covers the cost of the distributor (like Amazon) or where any surplus goes to some good cause. The authors are in it for the fame and the glory!

Emma suggest the following topics in a possible table of contents: 
  • Transgender vs. Crossdreaming: What’s the Diff?
  • Childhood Awareness
  • Am I Weird?
  • Fast vs. Habit vs. Fetish
  • Why Can’t I Stop?
  • How Far Will I Need to Go?
  • Breaking the News
  • Clothing and Appearance
  • Why Does It Seem to Become So Important in Midlife?
  • ·Why Are We Included in LGBT?

What do you think? What kind of crossdreamer anthology are you looking for? Other topics that should be included?

(If there is any interest for this project, we will come back with a separate post asking for suggestions for texts to include)

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Feb 27 16 2:14 AM

I'd be happy to write something about my experiences as a cross ddreamer, something new because I don't have a particular blog entry to contribute because I don't blog - well, not on this subject.

I wouldn't be looking for fame either, as I'm not out to anyone not online. So I'd need a nom de plume!. A little internalised glory is all I could get. Do you want people to write to the headings you give?

Last Edited By: PipX Feb 27 16 6:03 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 29 16 6:47 AM

Thank you for the positive feedback. It tells me that we can do this.

I have two questions for you:

1. Those of you who have indicated that you might contribute with original material, what would you prefer to write about?

2. To all of you: Could you tell me about posts here at CDL (old and new) and relevant blogs that have helped or inspired you, and that you think may be included in such an anthology?

Jack

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 29 16 10:26 PM

1) How Far Will I Need to Go?
Breaking the News
Clothing and Appearance
Why Does It Seem to Become So Important in Midlife?
·Why Are We Included in LGBT?

Probably i can try write about some-thing from that topics.
also about gender identity and presentation, what difference and how it correlate. Probably about some famous crossdrimers and crossdreaming in art. Of couse need to discuss and choose more narrow topics.

2) now in process of making summary

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Mar 1 16 4:36 AM

To say I'm pleased to see Jack's mentioning me as a partner in this endeavor and everyone's responses is an understatement. I'm both delighted and a bit daunted. But regardless I think this book is important. Yes, it's been so helpful to read books by wives of trans people. Amazing, in fact. Also by those who have transitioned. I feel, though, that those of us who are kind of caught in the middle are not sufficiently heard from or represented. I assume that there is a bell curve distribution and in that case, we are part of the much larger population who has a hunger and need for what we have to say. Let's tell it like it is. It won't make the NYT bestsellers list and might only be a pebble in the pond but each one is important. We are important.

Emma

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Mar 3 16 10:07 PM

Definitely a good idea. I agree with Emma that there must be a fairly large silent population of people "caught in the middle". I'm happy to help, not sure how yet.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Mar 24 16 2:07 AM

Thank you for all the positive feedback!

Just to let you know that we are moving forward with the book project, and that we are still looking for contributors.You write the text you would have wanted to read yourself. Length: two to six pages A4/letter format (max 11000 characters with spaces). Deadline: June 1. 

You can send the texts to me (jack.molay@gmail.com) or post them in this thread, if you want feedback from the community.

We still need authors for some of the questions listed above, but you may also write about something else, it that suits you better. 

Moreover, keep in mind that we may also republish existing comments and posts, here and elsewhere. Send us a link to your favorite, written by you or someone else.

Last Edited By: jackmolay Apr 2 16 3:03 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Mar 27 16 10:07 PM

Interesting project - I can think of two more possible chapters, maybe:

-varieties of crossdreamers - the nature of fantasies and so on is clearly varied, with some focusing on clothes and social roles and others more explicitly sexual, for example.
-cultural influences and context - how these may influence crossdreaming fantasies, given there are folks from various parts of the world and so on on this forum.

I'd gladly contribute to the text, not sure how exactly.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 28 16 11:42 PM

I am going to throw some of my artwork into my photo's folder. If you care to use any of it in producing the document feel free, a long as they are attributed to me "Virga" @ Virga Arts Limited. If you would care to use any of my personal photos, I would like prior consent, in light of what context they are used, and to reserve the right to remain anonymous. If I can assist in any other way, please feel free to drop me a note.

As in all things, you might wish contributors complete a proforma biography of themselves, which they could do anonymously. Just a thought.

My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we *can* suppose. J.B.S. Haldane

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Mar 29 16 12:06 AM

Emma suggest the following topics in a possible table of contents:
-Transgender vs. Crossdreaming (creates immediate conflict in someone probably already conflicted (Crossdreaming: Why Your Not Transgender, Yet)
-When does it Emerge? Why is it important to understand why id does in Midlife? ·Why Are We Included in LGBT?
-Childhood Awareness
-Where do I fall in the Binary Gender Spectrum) - Instead of "Am I weird". Well, we already know we're different. Chapter on what's WEIRD to us? :)
-FACT vs. The Ficticious: (the Science of Fetishism, Tactile or Perception, Distraction or Decompression, History vs The Information Age)
-Does Crossdreaming Stop, How Far Aan I Possibly Go?
-Breaking the News and Latest Research
-Appearance
-Fashion
-Reference, Attributions (Intellectual property, Imagery, junk like that! ;) )

My own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we *can* suppose. J.B.S. Haldane

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Mar 30 16 4:31 PM

Hi Jack,

this is a really good idea. And i like to participate and my idea is to write about the inner conflict between the awareness of being different and how to accept this and to live with two gender identities. This was a really long way and the next stage is the coming out to my best friend. This is something which is not really easy and i did not find so many sources about this.

A lot of the experience i already shared on my blog but there are so many more things to say which can help other to deal with it.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Apr 17 16 5:32 AM

So good to know this is going ahead. I have a couple of questions for Jack and Emma, which I'll ask in open forum here in case the answers are helpful to other contributors or potential contributors.

1. I assume there'll be an introduction defining terms - the term 'crossdreamer' in particular - so that the later chapters don't have to; and we all unite around the definitions that Jack uses on his Crossdreamer site?

2. If this is pitched at a wider audience, should the contributors give space to opinions other than their own? Perhaps we know from reading that our experience is not everyone's, that our explanations differ from other people's. Are we aiming at an 'overview' of our chosen topic or a slice of autobiographical reflection?

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jun 3 16 4:40 AM

Sorry that I did not catch this one.

1. I assume there'll be an introduction defining terms - the term 'crossdreamer' in particular - so that the later chapters don't have to; and we all unite around the definitions that Jack uses on his Crossdreamer site?

Absolutely!
2. If this is pitched at a wider audience, should the contributors give space to opinions other than their own? Perhaps we know from reading that our experience is not everyone's, that our explanations differ from other people's. Are we aiming at an 'overview' of our chosen topic or a slice of autobiographical reflection?

We are open to both biographical texts as well as journalistic and scholarly ones.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 3 16 6:13 AM

I would change chapter heading:

Transgender & Crossdreaming: Relation and Differences
It's different, but not necessary excluding each other processes/states. Sometimes headers can be more influential, than actual message. Don't frame that pair as a conflict, unless you believe it will make more good, than harm in the long run and are sure you can pull that off as an author.

“Trying and getting hurt can't possibly be worse for you than being... stuck.” 
Eliezer Yudkowsky, Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help