Lead

May 19 17 1:22 PM

Tags : :

Just for the record, although the record gets confusing when gender identity is problematic.

I am cis-M, attracted to cis-F.

As "trans-F" (queer) I am a "stealth lesbian" -- My lesbian colleagues think of me as "lesbian with a strap-on and no straps." I'm not interested in males, being one or having sex with one. Males alienate the bejeezus out of me. I want nothing to do with the penis. The penis alienates, is an object of abuse for me.

Curious, "curiouser and curiouser" . . .  I'm curious as to sexual orientation of those herein who are "full transition" and living, presenting as female.

Allison Wunderland's Transcend Dance
http://allisontranscend.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

May 19 17 1:40 PM

AllisonWunderland wrote:
Just for the record, although the record gets confusing when gender identity is problematic.

As "trans-F" (queer) I am a "stealth lesbian" -- My lesbian colleagues think of me as "lesbian with a strap-on and no straps." I'm not interested in males, being one or having sex with one. Males alienate the bejeezus out of me. I want nothing to do with the penis. The penis alienates, is an object of abuse for me.

Curious, "curiouser and curiouser" . . .  I'm curious as to sexual orientation of those herein who are "full transition" and living, presenting as female.

So are you cis-male or trans-Female? You seem to claim both.

I know that one can identify however they please, but via the official dictionary definitions of these words one cannot be both trans and cis as these terms are mutually exclusive.

Given that you claim no attraction to males and claim not to be gay I would assume you ID as cis-male. But then you say you don't want to even be a male.

Or maybe a better question, how do you wish to be referred to as: he, she, that one, they, or something else?

I ask because respecting others is important to me.

Edit:
For the record I am as of now non-transitioning and I think everyone on this forum knows my orientation by now and are sick of me mentioning it :)

Last Edited By: Lost247365 May 19 17 1:47 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 26 17 2:52 PM

Lost247365 wrote:

AllisonWunderland wrote:Just for the record, although the record gets confusing when gender identity is problematic.

So are you cis-male or trans-Female? You seem to claim both.

I know that one can identify however they please, but via the official dictionary definitions of these words one cannot be both trans and cis as these terms are mutually exclusive.

Given that you claim no attraction to males and claim not to be gay I would assume you ID as cis-male. But then you say you don't want to even be a male.

Or maybe a better question, how do you wish to be referred to as: he, she, that one, they, or something else?

I ask because respecting others is important to me.

Edit:
For the record I am as of now non-transitioning and I think everyone on this forum knows my orientation by now and are sick of me mentioning it :)

In order of inquiry --

Both or neither

Beware of "official dictionary definitions" they do not consider the socio-linguistics of vernacular use which in minority communities like queers, lesbians, etc. changes minute to minute depending upon interpretive community and context.

This assumption is a non-sequiter. The one does not infer the other. Also, the paradigm is rooted in the hetero-normative dyad, which I reject out of hand, along with my colleagues in the field. There is much more to this question than "either / or" . . .

We, us, our, they, them, their . . . calling me "sir" annoys the bejeezus. Calling me Allison springs to mind Alice Cooper in Kiss.

And so my question to you would be: Now that you're not "transitioning" do you ID as "trans" ??? And does your personal biography, the life story you present to others include the episode where you are the other gender and/or transitioning? Dr. Jamison Green brings this up -- Out of one closet and into another? Or are you "trans-visible" ??? -- Discussed in my blog.

I see a lot of people who are "gay" -- both male and female. I know a fair number of "stone butch" -- female masculinity. I am "gender queer" -- dynamic, evolving, unresolved.

LOTS of discussion of most of these points in the blog --

Allison Wunderland's Transcend Dance

http://allisontranscend.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help